Chapter 11

I was up all night long.

Hindi ko magawang matulog, even if I love it, sometimes you just have to let it go. For another important thing.

Hindi ko kayang matulog, baka bumalik sila, and when they came back I might be unarmed that will lead for our downfall. So its better to choose safety than sleep..

Well, for now.

Tinignan ko ang orasan, it's past 3, siguro naman ok lang na umalis ako? Impossibleng may mga tao pang gising ngayon at may makakakita pa sa paglabag ko.

Tumayo ako at naglakad papuntang pintuan palabas ng third floor na pagmamay-ari ng Freniere nang bumukas ang isang pinto kung saan siya nakahiga.

"Parker?"

Nakahawak siya sa kaniyang ulo, maybe because it was painful. It was bleeding when Uncle Sebastian and the doctor treat it. So he is probably wondering where the hell did the bandage came from.

"Hey." Bati ko nalang. Hindi ko naman alam kung anong dapat sabihin.

What would he feel after that encounter? Thinking that a girl is on his room, past curew at 3am?

Well?

"What happened?"

Tinignan niya ang mga basag na salamin sa sahig. Well, I wasn't able to clean it 'cause I was drowned in thoughts and cleaning is on my last priority.

"You were attacked." I simply said. I can't go in detail, because first of all I don't know who was it, what's the purpose and how did they get inside the Montello High.

Wait..

Is it possible that they are from the inside of the school? Is it possible that they are one of the faculty? Or even one of the students?

"I should probably get going."

I cut my thoughts and was about to open the door when he stopped me.

Nakahawak siya sa wrist ko, kaya napahinto ako at napatingin sa kaniya.

Now what is he doing?

"What?" Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.

"Parker."

"What?"

"I have something to tell you."

Inirapan ko siya at inalis ang kamay niya sa wrist ko.

"Can you just get to to the point?"

Kanina pa ako what ng what!

"They knew."

"H-ha?" Anong 'they knew'? Sinong They? At anong nalaman nila?

"The Mystics. They knew about Diane." Bigla niya akong hinawakan sa magkabila kong balikat at tinitigan sa mga mata.

I saw his eyes, and it is telling me that he's scared. His eyes are sparkling through the little light in this dark morning night, like stars twinkling in a dark sky.

"W-what? How? And who are the mystics?"

I can feel my head throbbing when I heard the name 'Mystics'. They are familliar yet I don't remember when, where and how.

"We have to protect her. Ayokong mapahamak siya, I won't let anything, anyone, to harm her." Unti-unti kong nararamdam ang paghigpit ng kaniyang hawak sa magkabilang balikat ko. "Pakiusap, Venice."

Tinitigan ko siya.

I can't believe this heartless jerk is begging me to protect the love of his life.