fifty-eight

Emma Harper

Kayden arrives in his black SUV five minutes later. He open the back trunk and help me put my suitcase in.

I couldn't describe how awkward the atmosphere is.

"Thanks." I mutter.

"Take the shotgun. Ivory and Landon set up their bed forts in the two backseats already." Kayden says before getting into the driver seat.

My heart accelerated as I got into the passenger seat.

As Kayden started to drive, Ivory head pops up between us.

"That movie you starred in is hot. Like honestly. You rock." Ivory squeals as she places a hand on my shoulder. "Oh my god, I'm touching my idol. I have to tell my friends!"

She sat back and type away on her phone, leaving me confuse and Kayden glancing at us.

"Erm, okay." I murmur.

"How long is this fucking drive. We've been here for 30 minutes already!" Landon groans from the back back seat.

"It's 4 hours long." I answer.

There was a silence before Landon's loud groan and string of curses bombarded the silence.

"Watch your language Landon." Kayden admonish.

"Whatever. I'm going to sleep."

The car was silent except for the light music playing from the car. Ivory and Landon were asleep, which left me and Kayden in an awkward situation.

"MCDONALD!" I blurt out.

"Drive-thru?" Kayden asks.

I nod my head.

We order two Big Macs, large French fries and one large drink.

"Why only one large drink?" I ask as.

"We can share. I mean, you can't finish all of that, can you?" Kayden answers.

I nod my head before unwrapping my Big Mac and biting into it.

Kayden park the car in the parking lot and unwrap his Big Mac and biting into it too.

We stick two draws in the cup lid and took turns drinking it.

Not that we mind. I thought to myself, suppressing a grin because I, enjoyed this kind of moment between us.