thirty-eight

kayden | emma

∞♡∞

In the midst of the conversation with the principal, Katrina, her face lit up after the sound of the door open and closed.

"Kayden, you've arrived! Now come on into my office both of you." Katrina said, smiling before she spun around and went to her office.

Emma whipped around to see the new student.

"Kayden?"

"Emma."

Both of them were confused.

She thought he moved all the way to Australia without telling her.

He thought she was homeschooled, but clearly, he hasn't done enough stalking as Emma was also discreet about where she attended school.

Emma clenched her teeth before turning around and stormed into the office after Katrina. Kayden followed suit, closing the door when he was in the room.

"First things first, before you guys tour the school, Emma I hope you can keep this secret." Katrina starts. "I've originally thought of Hunter, my son, being your secret keeper and tour guide but he has a big mouth."

"What secret?" Emma asks confused about this entire situation.

"Kayden is attending school here with a disguise. His fake name will be Asher Norman. For the rest, you guys can be as creative as possible but also realistic." Katrina informed. "Can you promise me not to tell anyone, Emma?"

"Of course." She said, nodding.

"Okay, very well. Off you two go to tour the high school and the campus." Katrina say, smiling sweetly at them before going back to work.

Both Emma and Kayden piled out of the office and head into the hallways.

Emma cleared her throat, pretending they were just strangers. Pretending like she was fine with him when she's really not.

"So this is the hallway as you can see," Emma said snappily.

"Look, I'm sorry. I lied-"

"As we continue walking, this is the school physiologist's office."

"Emma, please." Kayden pleads, trailing next to her. "Just listen-"

"These paintings you see here by the art club in the school-"

Kayden grabbed her forearms, making her face him before connecting his lips with hers.

Emma not wasting a second pushed him away and was about to slap him but Kayden caught her hand.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOU CAN'T GO AROUND KISSING PEOPLE! GOD, THAT WAS MY FIRST KISS YOU DIPSHIT. I'M SO FUCKING- AGH!" Emma shouts, wiping her lips with the sleeves of her shirt.

"That was the only way to get you to shut up and listen to me."

"I'm not listening to you. You just disappeared after our so called date! You never returned any of the calls and messages. You didn't even bother calling me. And lastly, you told me you were going to Australia. You got into a really good school there. What happened to that? What hap-"