Raven smiles, seeming pleased with our teacher's words. "Well in that case, you have an amazing summer too, Mrs. Huntley."

"I'll see you both at graduation." She waves before Raven and I say bye and head out of the room.

"What do you think Cooke wants to tell you?" Raven asks me as we head down the hallways towards the administration office.

I shrug.

"There hasn't been any drama for a while now so I'm not sure what he would want, either. But you never know with this school."

"True, but let's try to remain positive. Mrs. Huntley did say that she thinks I will be pleased with what he has to say," I point out. "And it's the last day, what trouble could I possibly be in?"

"Hmm, I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

Raven walks with me to the administration office before heading to her own class.When I enter the room, the secretary is already expecting my arrival and tells me that I can go straight to the Principal's office. It's been a while since I have been there so it brings back old memories.

I think about all of the drama with Maia, Malcolm, and Will and it seems like it was so long ago. After the fight and the car accident, things between everyone fizzled out. Of course word got out about what Malcolm did so a lot of people disliked him for it and after he was in all that trouble, he remained low-key for a while. It was rare to see him and whenever I did he was with his sister or Will because he didn't have many friends due to his actions.

After the car accident, things seemed or simmer down with Maia, also. The first few days back after the accident she acted as if I didn't exist (which was more than fine with me) and then she went through a phase where she would give me dirty looks any chance she got. But once she realized that I did not care, she stopped and we both just ignored one another whenever we were in the same area.

The same goes for Will. Of course he tried to apologize for everything after he heard I was in an accident, but I wasn't worried much about him. And after the fight, I think he knew to keep his distance from me, my friends, and family. So just like with Maia, whenever we were in the same proximity we don't acknowledge one another (well sometimes he tries to acknowledge me but I ignore him).

The change in the school year was drastic after that. All of the drama was over and everyone was able to move on with their lives. Things also got better. It was amazing how much better everything seemed to be when there was no more drama. I had a lot of self reflection to do and it helped a lot.

But now that I am standing in Principal Cooke's office, all of thoughts return and have me questioning why he has asked me to come here.

"Miss Russo, hello." Principal Cooke gives me a bright smile. "Please, have a seat."

Well at least he seemed to be in a good mood...

"Hi, Principal Cooke."

"How is your official last day of high school going so far?"

"So far so good." I answer truthfully.

"Good, good. Are you ready for graduation?"

"Yes, I'm very excited."

"And then you are off to Harton University, which is amazing. I'm very proud of you, you know."

"Thank you."

"If you ever become a big, well-known pianist, always remember us here at little ol' Ashland High School."

I laugh at his words. "I will."