Chapter 3

I stir in my bed the next morning and roll over. I realize that by rolling over I should have rolled onto someone, but I didn't. My eyes flashed open and I wait for them to adjust to the brightness in my room. I notice that my room is empty despite the fact that both Raven and Brianna spent the night. I climb out of bed and I see that their belongings are still here so they must be somewhere around the house. As I head downstairs, I smell food being made and I hear Raven and Brianna's laughter. Hmm.

I enter the kitchen and see the both of them sitting at the table eating breakfast while my parents are cooking.

"Hey, sleepyhead." Brianna smiles at me, causing everyone to look over at me.

"Hey, Zuri." Raven says before eating her scrambled eggs.

"Good morning." I say as I move closer into the kitchen.

"Good morning, honey," My parents smile at me. "There's some food over there if you want some."

I head over to the cupboard to get a plate and quickly make myself a plate of food, as Raven and Brianna continue whatever conversation they were having with my parents about some TV show. I sit down at the table with them.

"How long have you guys been up?" I ask before glancing over at the clock. It read that it was only 11:30 in the morning.

"About an hour, maybe," Brianna shrugs. "But we weren't down here for long."

"Oh. At first I thought you guys left." I laugh.

"Oh, no. We wouldn't sneak out like that." Raven shakes her head.

"I know, that's why I was confused at first. But then I saw that your stuff was still in my room."

"Yeah, we just got a little hungry, that's all." Brianna pats her stomach and laughs.

"So Raven, how was your party?" My mother asks as she continues to cook.

"It was great...for the most part."

"Why do you sound so hesitant?" Gregg asks with a laugh.

Raven, Brianna, and I exchange a glance.

After the fight last night, Raven was still upset. Her parents came back home shortly after the incident and when she told them why she was so upset, they weren't very happy. Raven didn't want to stay home because she felt that she would end up going to find Destiny, so I agreed to letting her stay with me. She didn't need to be fighting any more, anyways.

"Because the day started off great." Raven tells him.

"So your night didn't go so well?"

"Not exactly."

"Well what happened?" My mother asks in a concerned voice.

"I got into a fight with Destiny." Raven tells them with no hesitation in her voice.

"Destiny? Isn't she a friend of you girls?" Gregg asks us. A part of me is surprised he doesn't remember her after how close we were. But then again, she was irrelevant so it's not expected of him to remember her.

"Was." Raven nods.

"And she is the mother of Will's baby, in case you forgot." Brianna adds. I give her a look. "Sorry...I'm just saying." She mutters and looks down at her food.

"Oh, I remember her." My mother says with an annoyed face.

"Why did you fight?" Gregg asks.

"And why was she there?" Mom adds.