gone

tord sat on a plane, writing a letter. his heart was racing as he looked out the window. tom's smile flickered across his vision, and every time he saw that phantom smile his heart broke.

he was gone.

gone gone gone.

tord would never see him again. he shivered even though he was wearing a sweatshirt and a coat. his dad seemed to read his mind.

"he's just a boy, tord."

tord whipped around, a crazed look in his eyes. "he is NOT just a boy, dad!"

"what pau is trying to say is that you'll find someone new."

he turned to his other dad, tears in his different colored eyes. "its not fair! why did we have to leave?! we were in love, pat!"

"yes i know, dear.."

"dont call me dear."

"we know, tord. but we have to go back. you had a long enough break."

"IT WAS NEVER LONG ENOUGH!"

the other people in the plane stared at him as he tried to control his anger.

"you made me leave the only person i'll ever love.. EVER!"

tord started sobbing, clutching his stomach. "why couldn't we have brought him...?!"

pau stared at him, looking nervous. "you know it was against what the leader said.."

tord sniffed. "well.. well one day I'LL be leader and I'LL bring him with me!"

"if he's still alive.." 

"dont say that pat. the poor kid doesnt know."

"what..?"

////

tom was anxious. tord hadn't responded to his calls. he wasn't in the meadow. the house was empty.

he couldn't be gone, right? tord loved him, right?

right?

there was a knock on his door and a letter slid underneath it. tom shuffled over to the door, picked it up, and opened it.

dear fallen star,

im writing this while on the plane to norway. my dads said i "had a long enough break", so even though i dont like it, im leaving. i do love you, i love you more than anyone else in the whole world. but my dads dont like you. too "british", they say. "just a boy".

remember that you were never "just a boy". i might never see you again, but i remember your brilliant smile. the way you laughed. the beautiful way the stars reflected in your eyes. if i do ever see you again, it might be in my dreams. i never remember mine, but if i did, they would be about you. never forget me, thomas. can you promise me that?

i might just be a memory. a sad, sad memory, reminding you of the love that was broken. just remember my face everytime you look at that sweatshirt. it's all i ask of you. another thing to remember is that if i do die, if i die before i see you, its not because of you. never because of you. it's  because of me, too stupid to treasure what we had. i will never love again because of you, my fallen star, my light in the dark.

i love you, thomas. do you love me as much as i love you?

love, Tord Larsson

tord was gone.