drunk

tom sat up. it was late at night. he rolled over. tom was in no mood to get up off the bed. but for some reason, he did. he got up off the bed and slowly moved out of his room and down the stairs. tom's mind was dragging him to the kitchen.

it dragged him towards the bin full of empty bottles of alcohol that his father had found in tom's room after they moved. they were still there.

he pushed back and grabbed a few full bottles from the fridge and lumbered upstairs. he shut the door quietly.

tom opened the bottle and started to drink the alcohol, trying to get drunk as fast as he could. the drink lit up his throat, burning his insides.

but did he care?

no.

tord didn't need to know, right?

the boys were "an item" now, as tord put it.

tord has his secrets. tom can have his own.

after about 3 bottles, tom was drunk. his arm was out in front of him, and he dropped the bottle accidentally on his arm, the sharp glass digging into his own arm. tom giggled and fell on the bed,  hiccuping and giggling. there were bottles all over the floor, broken from him dropping them.

tom was too busy being drunk to notice a boy slipping into his room from his window.

"tom?"

//////////

tord surveyed the bottles of alcohol broken on the ground. his eyes flickered towards tom. 

tom was a drunk mess. his cheeks and across his nose was bright pink, and he was sloshing alcohol down his front. tord approached him carefully, slowly edging towards tom, when he noticed his arm.

it was red and bloody, covered in shards from the bottles he had been drinking. blood was seeping out from underneath the shards, dropping onto the floor. tord rushed to his side, and started to pull out the pieces of glass.

"hey?! what are you doing?!"

"im trying to help you, tom."

he tried yanking away but tord held his body tight with his other arm, making sure he didn't escape.

"let. me. GO!" tom yelled in tord's ear, screamed, flailed, slapped him, but nothing would stop tord from helping him.

after lots of screaming, tord finally got all of the pieces of glass out. tom had already passed out. he rushed downstairs, grabbed a wet cloth and something to wrap his arm in, and rushed back upstairs. tord cleaned out his wounds, and then wrapped his arm. he sighed and put down the covers, and slid tom underneath the covers, and he put them back up over his body.

he tucked him into bed, and kissed tom on the forehead and then his lips. tord smiled as he left the room through the window.

"goodnight, my fallen-star. goodnight, my star-dust."

he slid through the windows and quietly ran back to his house, beaming.