gifts

tom woke up. the loud knocking noises on his window was.. annoying. someone was banging on it fiercely. he jumped up and rushed to the glass, and was pleasantly surprised to see tord's face pressed against the window. the norwegian's face broke into a grin, and tom opened up the window.

tord jumped into the room, rolled out, and sat down on his carpet. tom laughed and sat down next to him, both of the teens faces in bright grins.

"so! how was your day?"

"pretty good. what about yours, tord?"

"oh just the usual. picking flowers. sleeping."

tom held the boys hand, both of them talking and laughing. every time tord was around, tom seemed to smile and laugh more than with anyone else. he was so, so glad he had tord around to love him and care for him.

"i love you tord."

"i love you too, thomas."

"i love you more!"

"nuh-uh!"

tord pulled him closer, both of the teen's chests touching. tom smiled at him, and the norwegian smiled back. they were curled up around each other, the two helplessly in love. tom couldn't bear thinking about what life would be like without tord. if he left, part of tom left, too. thats what love was all about, right?

"i need to go, tommy."

"no! i dont want you to leave!" tom pouted, looking up at him and pressing his hands on his red hoodie.

tord sighed. "if i give you something to remember me while your sleeping, will you let me go and  sleep?"

"fine.."

he stood up and climbed out the window and came back with a box decorated with small flowers and handed it to tom after sitting down in front of him, watching his face with curiosity.

"whats in here?"

"why dont you find out?"

tom slowly opened it, his eyes clenched closed. he finally pulled off the top of the box and opened his eyes. as soon as he peered into the box he gasped.

he pulled out a plain dark blue sweatshirt, exactly his size. tord smiled at him, and tom grinned back.

"try it on, thomas!"

he slipped it on over his t-shirt, tord beaming at him. 

"do you like it?"

"i love it! and i love you!" tom hugged him tightly, and the two boys were entwined around each other, their arms wrapped around the other teen's waist.

"alright alright.. i gotta get going, tom."

"aww.. okay.."

"bye beautiful!"

"goodnight tord."

as soon as tord started climbing out the window, tom called after him.

"tord?"

"yes?"

"do you like the song sunshine lollipops?"

"of course, tommy. farewell!"

"bye tord!"

tord finally climbed out of the window, rushing back to his house. tom stared after him, not knowing how much pain he would go through soon.