Chapter thirty-eight

A

Chapter thirty-eightA

"Tell us where he is." I look up at Cage, my head falling back against the cold wall from the dizziness I felt.

"If you think I'm gonna tell you anything, you're sorely mistaken." I whisper, feeling the blood trickle down from the corner of my mouth.

Cage stares at me for a moment before laughing slightly and looking down. He straightens himself up from his previous crouching position in front of me as he then takes a couple of steps away from me.

"You're people are marching here right now. You didn't disable the acid fog and I could kill them all in a second." He informs me as I let my head fall.

I feel my chin being gently gripped as my head is moved to lock eyes with Cage.

"If you tell me where your little boyfriend is, I'll spare the rest of your friends." He says as I smile a little.

"You don't really think I'm that stupid, do you?" I whisper as our eye contact is held for a few more moments. Cage harshly let's go of my chin and walks away from me.

"You're scared." I begin as I keep my head down. "You're scared because you know we're winning." I look up at him as he tries to keep his best poker face to hide his fear. "And even if you kill me right now, it won't alter that even in the slightest." I sneer as Cage nods.

"You're right." He admits as his handgun is raised and pointed at me.

"Sir!" A voice calls as the person it belongs to runs through the door, causing Cage to lower his weapon.

"We have the other prisoners." The guard informs him. Cage looks back at me before putting away his gun.

"Take her. Get her ready for bone marrow extraction with the others." He orders before walking out of the room.

The guard walks over to me and unties me from the chains I was in, leading me through mount weather until we reached a room.

I immediately hear drilling and the sounds of someone crying in pain. When I look up I see guards on the door and someone tied to a table, a drill being plunged into them as I look away.

"On their knees!" Cage calls. I look back up as I see a few people, bags over their heads and being forced onto their knees.

"Sawyer." I turn to my left as I see Raven tied up to the wall, along with many more of my people.

"Raven." I whisper as I come to a halt in front of the prisoners on their knees.

Cage stops beside me and the other guard.

"Any loses?" Cage asks.

"Not as many as them, Sir." The guard informs him. "I'm afraid I'm the only one that's left that's been cured. Some of the kids are still missing, we'll take a team in hazmats, swoop the other levels."