Chapter fourteen

Chapter fourteen
A

"I'll go," I say as I look to Clarke

"I'll go," I say as I look to Clarke. "You need to stay and watch Finn."

"Are you sure?" She asks as I nod.

"I'll go with her." Bellamy chimes in as he comes up to us.

"No." I say, still mad at him for earlier.

"I'm coming." He tells me sternly as I roll my eyes.

"Okay, fine. Just be back before dark." Clarke nods to us as she goes back to Finn.

"I can go myself." I tell Bellamy as I walk to the part of the drop ship where all my stuff was.

"With the grounders out there?" He asks, following me as I put my arrows for my bow into my bag, the top of them sticking out for easy access if I needed them.

"You need my help, Sawyer." He tells me as I sling my rucksack over my shoulder and turn to him.

"I don't need anything from you, Bellamy." I say, my voice calm and unhurried.

I push past him and try to find Octavia.

Finn had stabilised over night thanks to Octavia. The knife he was stabbed with turned out to be poisoned and only the grounder knew what the antidote was. Octavia managed to get it out of him after Bellamy and Clarke beat him.

"Hey." I put a hand on Octavia's shoulder as she turns around to me.

"Me and your brother are going to look for that underground bunker Jaha told us about, Clarke will be looking after Finn the whole time." I explain to her as she listens intently.

"If you can, get that grounder out of here." I tell her as she nods and sighs, looking to the ground briefly.

"He doesn't deserve this, Sawy." She says, locking her eyes with mine once again.

"I know, he helped me too." I inform her. "Do what you can."

She nods as I go to the front of the drop ship to meet Bellamy.

"Let's go." He says as he exits the drop ship.

I look back to Octavia and nod, signalling that we were leaving.

We had been walking for a bit, Clarke had drawn out a map of where Jaha said it would be.

"You still think capturing that grounder was a bad idea?" Bellamy asks. "If we didn't, we wouldn't have got the antidote and Finn would be dead."

"If we had just left the cave before you tried to kill him, he wouldn't have got stabbed in the first place." I retort as Bellamy stops walking but I don't.

I keep my eyes peeled for any signs of an underground bunker.

"You don't actually believe that, do you?" He asks, catching up to me and this time I do stop walking and turn to face him.