Epilogue

15 Years Later...

"And that was the story of Marie Grace Pole." Justin closed the diary he was holding. After all these years, he was still a good storyteller. Justin sat in the living room of his home reading to his three kids. He fought off the tears that begged to come streaming down. The children sat criss-crossed on the floor listening to the story of their now deceased mother. Sitting on the opposite couch was Ben and Rosy holding hands. They were now happily married and had two children. Ben was now hearing because he had a cochlear. Teresa and Tucker sat on the other couch. Tucker wiped off his mother's eyes with a tissue. George had died in a car crash so it was just the two of them now. Marie's father sat on the floor with his youngest grandchild on his lap trying to hold in the tears. All of Marie's siblings and their new families sat on the floor of the living room.

Justin eventually married Marie Grace Stewart after they both graduated from the same college. Marie stopped using sign language to communicate with Justin after that night of the kiss when they told each other they loved one another. She lived with her father who stopped having affairs and became the father she needed. After college, the two of them got married and had three kids who were named, Grace, Polly, and Tim. Marie started also going to church with Justin's family. It wasn't until after college, did Rosy realize how stupid and petty she acted because of her insecurities and her anorexia. She and Ben became friends through therapy. They also wound up going to Princeton together and became life long friends. After college, they also got together and married, having children of their own named Cassy and Walter. Marie died from childbirth after Grace was born. With the help of family and friends, Justin took care of his kids without his loving wife and best friend by his side.

"Daddy, is mommy happy now?" Grace tugged on the hem of her father's pants as she sat on the floor. Justin bit back a tear. She had the same features as her mother. Asian shaped blue eyes and long brown hair. Nobody in their family shared any of those traits except her.

"Yes, mommy is happy now." A tear finally shed from his eye as he sat in the same living room where she and him had told them they loved each other.