Chapter Twenty One

21
So 'His Sight' is finally completed. Thank you for sticking with me through it all. I know it wasn't perfect, but I really enjoyed sharing this story with you all. ❤️😘 I might throw in an Epilogue later, but it really just depends on whether or not ya'll want one or not. So feel free to comment, I'll try to have an Epilogue posted soon if a lot of people want something more. But other than that, thank you all so much. Stay blessed and just remember that God loves you so much. You're worth everything, so start living like it. 👋🏽 Bye 😊

    "Oh my goodness

"Oh my goodness...yes." Karen whispered breathlessly as she looked down at Ashton.

Ashton looked up unsurely. "Yes?"

She grinned widely. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" She shrieked, jumping up and down as Ashton pushed himself up from the ground, wiping away the dust that had attached itself to the front of his pants.

"Are you really sure about this, Karen? Once we do this there's no backing out or changing your mind."

She shook her head. "No, I'm sure."

Ashton let out a sigh as he turned to his mother who was watching their exchange from the corner of the living room.

"Well?" She asked impatiently.

"Looks like we're painting the living room orange." He called over his shoulder before turning back to Karen. "It's times like this that I'm glad I'm blind."

Karen picked up her paintbrush. "And why is that?"

"If I can't see, then I don't have to look at how ugly our living room is going to be."

She pinched his arm. "Keep saying things like that and I'll stop helping you get dressed in the mornings." She warned jokingly. He made a face and stretched out his arms.

      "Come here."

She stopped painting and looked in his direction. "Why? So you can pinch me back?"

"No, just come here." He said again. His arms still stretched out. Karen placed her paintbrush back into the bucket and walked over into his outstretched arms.

        "I love you."

She couldn't help but smile. "And I love you." She laughed before stepping out of his embrace and grabbing her paintbrush.

    "Why'd you leave?"

"Because we need to get this living room painted before May twenty third, and if you haven't noticed that's in six days."

"But what if I don't want to."

"Then we won't be getting married on May twenty third." She shrugged as he immediately picked up his paintbrush. Karen watched as he frantically tried to find a place to paint before she was busting out into a fit of giggles.

     "What?"

"You're painting the fireplace." She stated before giving him a pat on the back. She grabbed his paintbrush from him and sat it back in the bucket on the floor. "Why don't you go sit in the kitchen for a little bit, Juliana and I can handle this."

"I feel like you're making fun of me."

"Don't worry Mr. Foster, we have it all under control." She assured him.

He frowned. "Now you're definitely making fun of me."

She gave him a light peck on the cheek. "The faster you go to the kitchen, the faster we can get this living room painted and if we happen to finish painting today maybe I might consider moving our wedding day to May Twenty second."

      He intertwined his fingers with hers. "Wow, a whole day early," he joked, "Do you promise?"

She tightened her fingers around his, her lips curving upward. "I promise," she whispered softly as she looked up at the man in front of her, the one person that had never given up on her despite her insecurities and faults.

      "I promise," she repeated again reaching up to press her lips softly against his before pulling away. "I promise that and so much more, because honestly, I don't think that I'll ever stop loving you, Mr. Foster."