Chapter Seventeen

Failure. Regret. Disappointment. Insecurity. Shame. Guilt. Victim. Ugly. Different. Weird. Awkward. Unsociable. Too tall. Too quiet. Shy. Coward. Stupid. Unforgivable. Unloved. Lonely. Confused. Bitter. Angry. Hurt. Anxious.

But

But..

If God can love someone like me, then I can trust in his plan and love myself. We all matter and we all have a purpose no matter how small it may seem. We don't have to be defined by our failures or shortcomings. I have to learn to stop letting the negative labels of others and how I see myself define me. It's time to start making new ones. The labels that make us feel like we're horrible people may be what we did, but it's not who we are. The labels we ACCEPT are what we BECOME.

And you should too! ❤️First of all, thank you guys for being so understanding

First of all, thank you guys for being so understanding. lol I love reading messages from you guys. Lately I've noticed that a lot of people have been sending me messages telling me how funny they think I am, but in reality I have a terrible dry sense of humor 😂 it's horrible. But any who, I'm hoping to finish up this story in about twenty four or five chapters? I'll try to make them longer than the previous chapters so that I can get everything in. Wish me luck.
17

         "You don't mean that

"You don't mean that." Karen said quietly. She watched as Mr. Foster ran a hand through his hair, the familiar crease between his eyebrows relaxing.

"I just think that we should take a break. You obviously have a lot going on in your life right now and I can't keep doing this," he motioned between them, "fighting and trying to convince you of my feelings. You should already know how much I-" he dropped his head. "Kevin is downstairs waiting for you..you should probably get going."

Karen clutched her suitcase to her side. She didn't know what to say or how to make things right. She took a step forward so that they were a few inches apart. She reached up her hand to touch the side of his face, but he instinctively turned away. She dropped her hand back down to her side, the feeling of rejection stinging.

She swallowed hardly. "I'll be back in a few days." She said, hoping that he would say something - anything. But he didn't.

"So this is it?" She asked, her voice cracking slightly. He made no attempt to answer. Karen picked her suitcase back up, willing herself not to cry as she walked out of the room.

Her sandals padded against the endless flight of stairs, each step tearing her apart. When she reached the bottom, Kevin was standing by the door with his car keys in his hand. He glanced up at his sister.

"Ready to go?"

She nodded, handing him her bag. He took it and pulled open the door before glancing over his shoulder. "Wait, where's Mr. Foster?" He asked, turning back around.

      "He's not coming." She replied, heading to the car.

Kevin looked at her as if she had grown two heads. "What do you mean he's not coming?" He asked, placing their suitcases in the trunk of the car. "Who's going to take care of him if you're not here?"

She sighed. "He's a grown man, Kevin, he doesn't need a babysitter."

"Karen."

She ignored him and got into the passenger seat. Kevin climbed into the drivers seat and grabbed her shoulder.

"Karen, what happened up there? Did you two get into a fight?"

She didn't reply.

"Karen."

She pulled her seat belt across her chest, looking over at her brother. "Nothing happened."

"But-"

      "Kevin, just drive." She stressed again. Too emotionally drained to argue.

Kevin gave up and put the key into the ignition. As the car began moving, Karen laid her head against the window, closing her eyes, trying her hardest not to cry as she came to the sudden conclusion of her relationship with Mr. Foster.

It was over..