chapter 11 At Gunpoint

Dexz's POV

I'm phone ringed. I answered with "hey" as Cathy's voice came through the other end.

"Hey! Are you in the mood for some wine?" She asked.

"What do you want me to fix this time?"

"How rude, I can't just invite my friend to join me for some wine and dine" she muses with a little laugh.

"So now I get food too? Fuck it, I'll fix whatever you want."

"In that case... It seems Amelia's bed has a broken leg" Cathy slipped in.

"I'll be there in 20."

I ended the call. Turning off the TV, I grab my car keys.

"What are you up to, uncle Dexz?" Whitney asks, giving my shirt a tug to get my attention.

"Visiting Cathy, you?" I ask the little 8 year old.

"Me and Luke are having a tea party!" She squeals.

"That sounds fun. I wish I could join you."

"Next time?"

"Next time."

I knock on Cathy's door and she opened it right away, knowing her she was waiting at the door with a glass of wine. Just as that thought hits my brain she hands me a glass. Same old Cathy. I let myself in, toolbox in hand. I walk down the hall as I take a drink, setting it on the counter as I turn the corner and enter Amelia's room. I take in the broken leg, concluding that this would be a quick fix. Easy peasy.

"You know all you would need is to learn about 3 things on the internet and you'd be able to fix it yourself" I informed her on my way into the kitchen. Taking a sip, I stare her down.

"Yeah but how else could I loar you to my fortress?"

"That's not creepy at all" I say sarcastically.

"You know what I mean. It's nice to have company when the children are away."

I laugh "you sound like a lonely old hag."

"Look who's talking, Mr. Silver Fox."

"I don't have that many grey hairs, go look in a mirror" I fling back.

She shakes her head "this is why your always my first choice, it's no fun when they don't insult you back. Sorry Reese."

We chuckle. Sitting down at the table, Cathy split the Chinese food between the two of us. We dig in, Cathy eating just as much as me. How can that much food fit into someone so tiny? She can EAT.

"I'm sooooo full!" She exclames.

"Maybe you shouldn't eat so much."

She rolls her eyes. "Ever since I popped Cam out my appetite has been almost the exact same as when I was pregnant."

"2 years and you still got that fantum hunger, how are you not obease by now?!" I question.

"Fast matablisum, werewolf genes, take your pick" she grins.

"Werewolf genes" I state. "It's gotta be."

Just then the doorbell rings.

"Please tell me you didn't order any more food" I groan.

She held her hands up in a sort of 'don't look at me' gesture, Cathy then walked over to get the door... I waited... And waited. Then... I heard a scream! It was Cathy. I ran over to the door only to see a horrific sight. Amelia was at gunpoint. I froze, taking in the situation. I took a running start and takled Him to the ground, giving Amelia a chance to excape. As we struggled to trap the other I slid Cathy my cellphone hoping she would get the hint and call for backup. I heard her call Jeremy... But in the end it was too late, the first guy brought backup. Not only was Cathy, and Amelia in danger... They even brought Cam into this. This was personal now. I tried to hurry and knockout the first guy so I could get to Cam who lay crying in the second man's arms. Only I wasn't quick enough. I slammed his head against the floor effectively knocking him unconscious, only to have second guys gun on me. Same situation but now I've lost the element of surprise 'great' just what I needed. I give the man a cold stare.

"You know bringing children into things like this is so low" I growl.

"Tell me that after I get everything I need from you, I'm sure it'll mean a lot more" he grins widely. "Now get in the car."