Chapter 9 Place To Eat

Jeramy's POV

I don't know exactly what happened, all I know is after Dexz talked to him, Max was back to being himself. He wasn't mad at us anymore... In fact he seemed to be happier than ever.

Once we made our way out of the woods we tried to coax Max into staying over tonight, but he wasn't having any of that. He told us in no uncertain terms that he was going to sleep in his own bed... He didn't seem to keen on my offer to sleep in it with him. Oh well.

However, I did manage to convince him to have a little one on one time with me, after work.

"Hey Max, ready to go?"

"Yeah. Just let me grab my bag, I'll be right back" Max said as he ducked into the interns locker room. He emerged with his backpack and coffee cup in hand. "Let's go."

We drive to the restaurant separately, as to not strand Max without a car tomorrow. I see him pull up behind me, in my review mirror. I park. Walking up to the front door of Shiny K's, I smile as I see Max leaning against the restaurant, waiting for me. We link arms. I lead him into my favorite place to eat, excited to see what he thinks. After we are seated I find that this is the perfect opportunity to spark a conversation with him.

"Tell me about your first day of the Internship. Was it good?" I ask as I open my menu.

"It was amazing!" He gushed. "I never knew the whole process of making electronics could be so fun. And don't even get me started on the break room, I want to live in that place."

"I'm glad you like it, considering I was the one who decorated the entire place, including the break room" I chuckle.

Afterwards we continue to discuss Max's first day of work while we eat THE BEST FOOD EVER. Ok, not the best food ever... More like, the best food you can eat at a restaurant with no reservations. Anyways, it was great. It was so worth the 4 million phone calls I missed from Dexz. Even on my way home my phone kept continusly buzzing. Not going to lie, it started to tick me off a bit. Finally I parked in front of the pack house and opened my phone.

"What?" I growled in annoyance.

"S-Stay away!" A familiar voice hissed. A crash ringed through the receiver, then a sound like broken glass. In the background I could hear a baby crying. Then it dawned on me. Cathy. I griped the steering wheel tightly, my nails ripping through the fabric as I screeched out of the driveway.

Please, don't let it be too late... She's my only sister.