"How can you just say that?!" Mina screamed once she processed what Tsunade said, she started at Tsunade with a face twisted in anger, confused anger. A feeling in her heart that she hadn't felt in a long time. "A comrade just died and you say 'well done?' You're sick in the brain if that's your reaction, ya know! H-he died!"

"Mina," Tsunade said with the sternest voice Mina had ever heard. "I know a comrade died. We live in the shinobi world, death is bound to happen to people we know, our friends and family. I'm sure you know how it is to kill someone. As shinobi, we must get rid of our emotions to complete the mission we were set. You've killed people, you've seen death in front of your eyes. What else can we do but move on?"

The Uzumaki took a step back, her eyes wide at the words Tsunade was saying. The image of his bloody face not leaving her mind. "Hideki isn't the only one that died this week."

Mina's violet eyes narrowed, though she didn't say a word. Instead, she was gone in a flash.

*-*

The ceremony was long, but it didn't feel as long as it was. She didn't feel anything. Her blonde eyebrows furrowed and a frown on her false pink lips. She was confused, to say the least. One question running through her mind, annoying her to no end the longer she didn't have an answer to it.

Why didn't she feel any sadness?

Two people, quite important to her. Even if she didn't know them that long. Hideki, the school bully. But she questioned if he really was a bully, in front of his friend he was a complete b@stard, that was true. Yet, when they were gone, he would help her, clean up her wounds and messily put on bandages. The boy her age, with silky, unruly black hair and shining pink-red eyes. With eyelashes so thick it should be a crime -mother nature was unfair- that frames those shining iris's, they gleamed in a strange way each they laid eyes on the girl, she noted, and never understood why. His notable cheekbones and chiselled jaw, pale skin that made him look so...

He had the kind of face that would stop anyone in their tracks just to stare at this human. Nobody noticed him, his looks, simply because of Sasuke, but gwad, he was just so... A figure any man would be envious of. A natural womaniser. Though his personality was the real charmer, he was unpredictable -noted by Mina- when he would at one point be mean, then the next thoughtful, then the next, he acted like a playboy, smiling seductively to get what he wanted (and he really could as long as a woman had what he wanted), then the next where he was like a male Hinata. Shy and adorable.

For a millisecond, she thought what it would be like if he didn't die. If he wasn't killed. If she didn't jam her hand into his chest. The thought disappeared after the second was up, just like he disappeared.

And the other comrade that perished that week. Asuma.

She could remember some of the times she would play shoji with him, or watch Shikamaru play against the man. His laid-back personality calmed her for some strange reason, he always treated her to a bowl of ramen. And only one, but it was enough for Mina to be thankful to the older man. His smoking habits were sometimes too much for her lungs to cope with, especially when she accidentally inhaled a large amount of it. There were times where she would prank him, with a reluctant Shikamaru, poring a bucket of water on his head as soon as he lit a new cigarette.

No smile formed at the memory, she was at a funeral after all. And at a funeral, you weren't supposed to smile. Though, the twitch of her lips couldn't be stopped as she cast her gaze on the muddy ground, red-blonde bangs falling in front of her.

People started to walk away from the graveyard and that was when she zoned back into the real world. Catching up to her brother, she tapped him on his shoulder to gain his attention. When he turned to her, she put on a soft, sad smile.