Chapter 20 The Rivertown Boy & Oh Joy

Chapter 20

The Rivertown Boy & Oh Joy

After changing into my running attire I walked over to the track. Half of the team was already there stretching and running warm up laps. While a couple people just sat on the sidelines talking.

As I set my bag next to a bunch of other neon colored gym bags I took off my black track jacket with the logo of our school on it and rubbed my arms as a breeze went by. At least it stopped raining, I thought to myself.

I stretched mainly my legs but I did one or two arms stretches. Walking over to the track I saw a couple of guys from one of the two schools we were competing against.

The school colors for Rivertown High were green and purple. Ew. Unlike that terrible color combination our school had red and gray. Sure they were okay colors but hey, they were better than vomit green and bruised purple. The other team we ran against was Finnway High and had the school colors of black and white. How original.

As I slowly jogged two laps, I passed by a couple of people. Most of them were from school but the others were mainly guys from Rivertown.

When I finished my first lap I sped up just a tad bit. Why am I running so slow, you ask? Well I don't want to use up all of my energy before the race. I mean, I'm running a sixteen hundred meter race. The longest one out of all of them.

Mid-lap someone started jogging next to me. Looking to my left it was one of the guys from Rivertown. His outfit consisted of green shorts, with the school logo in purple; and a purple shirt with the school logo in green. The color combination was even worse up close.

"So, you run?" The brunette boy with green eyes said.

"No, I slay dragons for a living," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes as I quickened my pace.

"Ha, you're funny," He said after letting out a chuckle.

After a brief silence I had finished my second lap and then the guy started talking again.

"So, Lenndale High, huh?" said the brunette boy.

"Yeah.." I said.

"That's cool," He said as I finished my third lap around the track.

As more people started running warm up laps I tried to pick up the pace a bit to get away him, but he followed me and kept up with my speed. But it didn't seem of any difficulty as I was running pretty slow.

"What race are you running?" He asked, trying yet again to spark a conversation.

"The sixteen hundred," I replied as I quickened my pace just a bit.

"Oh really? My friend is running that too!" He said.

After another lap of silence I decided to grab a drink of water because this conversation was going nowhere.

As I walked over to the sidelines without a word, he followed me close behind.

Grabbin the clear bottle I drank half of it and set it down by my gym bag. Would the Rivertown boy, just, leave?

"Noah! Noah!" One of the girls in purple and green called out.

Oh, so his name was Noah. Okay then, I know one thing about the Rivertown boy.

"Yeah Kelsey?" he yelled back.

"Hurry up!" She yelled.

Kelsey seemed to be one of the tallest out of the cluster of people. She had blonde hair with brown roots and the color of her eyes were hard to make out from the far distance between us.