10

I walk in the cave with Leo and see Mother and Robert talking. "Leo said we should destroy King's Watch" Mother says "we can't!" Robert says slamming his fist on the table "why!?" "King Amir is my father and that place is where my brothers and I grew up" I look at Leo "Robert if we destroy King's Watch it will drive King Amir out" Leo says "are you saying that he will run?" Robert looks at me "do you believe this will work?" I nod my head "if anything goes wrong then we will have to go in" I say looking at Robert.

Mother looks at me "alright we need to do this when he isn't expecting it" she says "when?" Robert says "tomorrow" they all look at me "Zuri do you know what you're saying?" Leo says taking my hand and squeezing it I squeeze his hand "King Amir will expect us to hide" "you know this is suicide" Robert says I look at him "we can't hide forever he will find us if we don't do anything" I say "Zuri's right I'm with her" I look at Leo "I know you are" I squeeze his hand again "we need to talk more about this" Mother says I nod my head.

I walk away from the group and I see my sleeping bag and Leo's next to mine. "What are you doing?" I look behind me and see Xander standing there "looking at my sleeping bag" I say Xander walks over next to me "I don't get it" he looks at me "why are you worried about him more than me?" "Leo doesn't have another life like we do" Xander looks confused "when a dragon rider or the dragon is dying the dragon can give the rest of it's life to the rider that's what Leo's dragon did. She gave him another chance to live. His dragon chose that for him if Leo get's harmed he can't have another chance again" I say looking at him "so you're afraid of him dying in front of you?" Xander says I nod my head "yes he saved my life many times. Now it's time for me to save his" I look at the sleeping bags again "I'll leave you to your thoughts" Xander walks away.

I heard Xander walk away then I heard another pair of footsteps walk behind me "what was he talking to you about?" I hear Leo say "read my mind" I say. I felt a hug from behind me I accept his hug "Xander came here asking why you're more worried about me than him" I hear him say I didn't say anything "you're worried about me because I don't have another life like you and him. You told him what happens when a dragon or dragon rider is dying the dragon can give life to the rider" I still didn't say anything "you don't want to see me die so you said he saved my life many times. Now it's for time me to save his" I felt some tears going down my cheeks "I don't want to lose you tomorrow" I say looking down "hey" his hug from behind me tightens "you won't lose me" he releases me from his hug he turns me around to face him. "Zuri look at me" I look up at him he catches some of my tears with his hand. "I love you" his hand slides down my face "I love you too" I say I lean my head on his chest and hug him. I felt him hug me back "no matter what happened I will be here" Leo says "so will I" I finally stopped crying. Leo makes feel safe when I'm in his arms. I don't want him to leave my side if he has to I will let him. If I have to leave him to kill Jerren I will try to stay alive for him. I know Leo needs me.