9

Zuri where are you?! I hear Shirow say I open my eyes I found myself on the ground and facing the night sky. I saw my stab wound and blood all around me Zuri?! "I'm up" I finally say "what happened?" Broken Shield is covered with ice but the people are safe "that's good" I get on my feet and cover my wound then I saw Shirow land in front of me I saw Leo, Mother, and Robert on Shirow "come on" Mother says Leo helps me on. Shirow takes off in the sky, I felt the wind in my face. I saw Mother examining my wound "Zuri" Robert says "Tarja can you heal her?" Leo says holding my hand Mother puts her hand on my hand that's on my wound. "Zuri this will hurt" then I felt burning I held my breath. "Shirow where are we going?" I say back to Dragon Tail I hear Shirow say "Zuri you need to rest" Mother says "she's right close your eyes" Robert says I felt my eyes getting heavy "everything is going to be alright" Leo says before I could say something my eyes closed on their own.

I open my eyes and found myself in a house. I saw plants and herbs on the table. Where am I? I walk over to the door way and see a woman. She's wearing white clothing, black hair and green eyes. "Zuri follow me" the woman says her voice sounds familiar "Oma?" I say the woman looks at me "what happened to you?" "I took care of sick people before I was the giver of powers." "What happened?" "I was approached by a man he asked me if I wanted to help people when I said yes the next thing I knew I blacked out and I woke up here I heard a voice telling me that my job now is to give people powers when they needed it" "do you know who the man was?" I say Oma looked at me "he was your father Revan" I look at her "Father created you and this whole power thing?" Oma nodded her head "he created me and the blood ritual of the dragon rider and the dragon but the power thing always existed no one was in control that's how some dragon riders and their dragons got power" "so did Jerren get his power before you came along?" "That's correct he was the first dragon rider that got power too" I didn't say anything. Jerren got his power before Oma and Father created Oma so all of the powers can be controlled. "Zuri you're strong" Oma touched my forehead "but you have to go back" then everything around me went black.

I heard a voice calling my name "Zuri!" I know the voice. It sounds like Leo then my eyes opened. I found myself in my sleeping bag "finally awake?" I hear Leo say. I wonder how long I was out "you were sleeping for three days" "three days!" I say my eyes widen "did anything happen?" I get up on my feet and look at Leo he looks calm "no you were sleeping getting rest everyone else was getting rest" "what about my mother and Robert?" Leo looks down "Robert is waiting for you outside" I look away and lean against the cave wall "what does he want?" "Robert said that he wanted to explain some things to you I tried to read his mind but I couldn't" I look at Leo "there was like something stopping me" "he must have used magic to block your telepathy" I say "maybe" I guess I need to see Robert and hear what he's going to say.

I walk outside the cave and see Robert looking at the broken dummy. I walked up to him "you wanted to talk to me?" I say Robert looked at me "yes I wanted to explain some things to you I didn't want your friend to know so I blocked his telepathy" Robert says "what do you want to tell me?" "I just want to tell you that Genesis is with you on this when we go to kill King Amir and Jerren" I look down "Robert I know Jerren is your brother but how can you remain so calm?" Robert looks at me "you're worried about hurting me when you kill Jerren" I nod my head Robert smiles "I know Revan is dead but I have you and your mother you two are family to me" "Jerren is your brother how can I kill him when he's family?" I say "he's been telling you to kill him" "but I couldn't I was weak and I couldn't do anything" "he was worried about you he thought King Amir killed you the last time" Robert says "why is he worried about me?" "Jerren wants you to kill him he doesn't want anyone else to. I don't know why Zuri but you have to fight him" "Robert is there a way to avoid killing him?" I say Robert puts his hand on my shoulder "I wish there was" Robert walks off I look at him "Robert can you teach me more magic?" Robert looks back at me, gave me smile and he walks in the cave.

I've seen Shirow walk over how are you feeling? I hear him say "I'm fine" I say I look at him "did you know about my father creating Oma and the blood ritual of the dragon rider and the dragon?" Shirow looks at me Revan and your mother wanted all of the powers to be given not absorbed "how did they do it?" I don't know how about you ask I look around the area and see Mother touching a tree. "I'll talk to you later" I wave to Shirow and I walk over to Mother. "I already know what you want" she says I didn't say anything "you want to know how your father and I created the blood ritual of the dragon rider and the dragon" she looks at me "long time ago before the war there was a witch she created the powers, Fire, Ice, Telepathy, and many more. She separated all them around the world. Then dragon riders started to find the powers" Mother looked down "when Jerren found Fire your father and I knew that if all of the powers were found. Oswor would've been taken over, so we found the rest, created Oma and the blood ritual then word spread that the only way to get a power was to do the blood ritual and it worked powers are being given" I didn't say anything for awhile. Mother sat on the grass and I sat next to her.

I look at her "Mother how can I kill Jerren?" I say "I don't know how to Zuri but you have to" Mother says I look at the green grass "why?" "Robert said he wants it" Mother looks at me "why does he want to die?" "I don't know but you can't destroy another city" she says "that is right" I look over my shoulder and see Leo walking over "we need a plan King Amir thinks you will destroy another city. But how about you destroy King's Watch" I look at Leo "King's Watch?" Mother says "yea King's Watch is where King Amir is so maybe destroying that will make him come out and we can strike" I look at Mother "what other options do we have?" Mother looked at me "we can try" she says.

Mother gets up from the grass "I'm going to talk to Robert" then she walks away leaving me with Leo. I get on my feet and walk to a tree and lean against it. "What are you thinking?" I hear Leo say from behind me I felt his hand on my shoulder "I always wondered what made you sleep next to me" I say "I was worried about you when you were gone with Shirow to get your power. When you came back I wanted to make sure it was you so I grabbed you and fell asleep" I look down "I'm sorry" Leo looks at me "why are you sorry? Don't be sorry" Leo hugged me from behind I hugged his arms in front of me "it isn't your fault" I decided to get a power "I scared you" "I know but you are alright" Leo rests his head on mine. I close my eyes accepting his hug all I heard was birds chirping in the sky and the wind in the silence. I felt Leo's head move "we got to go" he says "I don't want to go" I say "I wish we can stay like this" "we can after all of this is over" Leo releases me from his hug I look at him "come on we have to see what your mother and Robert are up to" he grabs my hand and leads the way.