"How did you do that?" I asked.

"Oh, you follow after me with your many powers. I can manipulate anyone's ability, I can become invisible, and I have telepathy." My father stated.

"Father, I can do more than you." I said with a warning tone. He then grabbed my neck before slamming me into a wall.

"Do not test me young lady." He said.

"Y-y-y-yes s-sir." I stuttered. I had a really bad stuttering problem when I was younger. Hoseok helped me stop stuttering.

"I thought you didn't stutter anymore." He said before letting go of me.

"I-I-I did." I stuttered again.

"W-why are you h-h-h-h. HMF. Here?" I stuttered and got frustrated.

"You're mother's contract was deactivated when she died. She tried to take you from me. I don't want anyone taking my little girl like your mother did." He said while stroking my cheek. I was more scared now than I have ever been in my life.

"Did you know that someone is still trying to take you from me. You didn't know it, but they are trying very hard to take my baby from me. Do you want to know who it is?" HE asked.

"Y-Y-Yes." I said. Before I could blink he had Vernon pinned against a wall. I screamed and started to run at him, but I was frozen in my spot. I was standing still and couldn't move.

"Oh yeah. I can freeze time as well." He said in a proud tone.

"G-g-g-get your filthy hands off of him!" I yelled frustratedly. He just crushed Vernon's neck more than before.

"NOOOOO!" I screamed as if I was being killed. But watching Vernon like this I felt like I was.

I noticed Vernon's eyes fluttering shut. He weakly looked at me and smiled as a tear fell from his eye. I watched as the tear hit my father's hand and Vernon's body go limp.

"Y-y-y-you BASTARD!" I yelled before running at him and pinning him to a wall.

"H-how c-c-could you? I-if-if you even cared the least bit!" I yelled.

"How did you break the freeze? And If I cared the least bit what? Say it Marline." He said. The name he always called me. My mom hated the name so she changed it. I myself, also hated it.

"Y-y-you. AGH! I hate you so much. You took my ch-ch-childhood. You took my happiness. AND N-N-NOW, the only thing that was keeping me, m-me." I said before tears started pouring from my eyes.

"I have another little trick up my sleeve. Bye, Marline. See ya soon." He said before disappearing and I fell into the wall. I scrambled to stand and ran over to Vernon's side.

He wasn't breathing at all. I checked his pulse, but there was nothing there. I shook his shoulders to wake him up knowing the attempt was going to fail.

"V-v-vernon, please wake up. Vernon, please!" I said through the sobs and tears. His neck was bruised and I could see the fractured bones through the skin.

"Someone please come down here!" I yelled. I pulled his lifeless body into my lap and sobed. I had just lost the one person that was keeping me together. I could feel myself shattering and falling apart. My stomach and chest hurt from the sobbing.

V and Jungkook appeared in front of me.

"Move." V demanded. I moved away from Vernon's body before Jungkook came and turned my head from Vernon.

"It looks really gross." He said. For a moment I had forgotten that V can bring mutants back from the dead. I heard a small crack before Vernon loudly breathed in for air.