7

Hazel POV

As we ascended the spiral stairs to the owlery, I kept glancing at Piper. She didn't notice, but I couldn't help thinking about this morning. Gods, only babies cry! I was supposed to be a hero, half-god! Not a little girl who cried over silly nightmares! I felt so babyish and young. It was so stupid.

'Hey,' Annabeth whispered so Piper couldn't hear. 'You okay?'

'It's nothing. Don't worry.'

'I heard this morning.'

'What?!'

'Don't worry! I get 'em too.'

'Seriously?'

'Course! Every demigod gets 'em!'

'But they don't cry like babies.'

'Not true. At least once a week someone in the Athena cabin cries over a nightmare.'

'Really?!'

'Yeah!'

'I don't feel as bad now. Thanks, Annabeth!'

'No problem!'

I grinned. Man, I had the best friends ever. And the best boyfriend. My klutzy, cute Praetor boyfriend.

Frank Zhang.

Gods, I loved him.

What did I do to deserve him?

'Alright, we're here,' said Thalia as we reached the top after around 10 minutes.

'Finally! Let's meet this girl,' Leo exclaimed.

Thalia pushed the door open.

The girl Piper and Jason had described was stood with her back turned to them, stroking a tiny owl about the size of a tennis ball.

Annabeth gasped. 'Luna?'

The girl turned around. 'Annabeth?'

They ran towards each other and hugged. 'I can't believe you're here! How are you here?'

'Oh, gods, there's a lot of you.'

'You're a demigod?' Calypso asked.

'Yeah. A daughter of Iris. The story was my mum died when I was nine, it's much easier to believe than telling them my mum is a goddess.'

'Figures,' Percy said.

The group introduced themselves.

'So, how has it been at camp?' Luna questioned. Off the group's looks, she explained, 'I was at camp until I got my Hogwarts letter. I feel bad on the owl, having to fly 4,000 miles!'

'Why didn't you go to Ilvermorny?' Annabeth wondered.

'Well, you know how I was a summer camper? Well, my dad was in England, he would come and get me after the summer ended by Apparatipn,  it was quite complicated but it worked. When I got my Hogwarts letter, I had to leave camp and live permanently in England. I couldn't wait to visit, as soon as I completed my Apparation test. But you're here!' She grinned. 'You will never guess who else is here!'

'Who?' Annabeth asked.

Luna smiled. 'Draco Malfoy.'

'Really?!' Annabeth exclaimed.

'Yeah! He's a son of Hermes,' Luna said.

'Wait. I thought that kid was a pure-blood?' Frank said. 'Unless . . . It's an act.'

'It is! We met up in the holidays when we heard exchange students were coming. We couldn't believe it was you!'

'How did you know it was us?'

'We wrote a letter to Professor Trelawney asking for your descriptions.'

'You are seriously organised,' I said.

'We wanted to make sure. Hey, we should meet up in Hogsmeade next week!' The daughter of Iris said.

'Good plan!' Annabeth said.

In the distance, we heard the clock tower chime nine times.

'Whoops. We should probably go,' Piper said.

'Yeah. It was great meeting you!' Jason added.

'You too!' Luna smiled. 'Meet me in the Three Broomsticks?'

'Absolutely!' Annabeth gave her a quick hug. 'Bye, Luna!'

Luna went back to stroking the tiny owl. The group turned and left.

'That was fun!' Leo grinned. And set his ear on fire by accident. Something that happened when he was happy.

'Leo, your ear is on fire,' Piper said. 'Man, she seems cool.'

Annabeth could not stop smiling.

'She used to be my best friend at camp,' she explained to Percy as they climbed the stairs of the castle to get to their dorm. 'She left when we were both 11, but couldn't tell me why. But now I know! It's like finishing an awesome book series that has a happy ending. You get that bubbly feeling!'

Percy smirked and pulled her closer to him. Gods, they were cute.

Frank, for no reason whatsoever, turned into a pug and walked by my side. Nobody saw us as they were all in their dorms or offices, so we didn't need to worry. I picked Frank up and held him in my arms as there were gaps in the stairs that he probably wouldn't see. Leo fiddled with some kind of adhesive tack while Calypso hummed quietly. Nico was trying not to blush every time he looked at Will (Will was doing it too and they failed ever time). Piper played with a tiny braid in her hair and Jason looked at all the paintings. The Stolls were trying to trip each other up. Thalia glared up at the seemingly everlasting stairs. 'Are we there yet?' Katie replied, 'Yeah. It's just there.' She pointed. 'Oh, yeah,' Thalia raced over and pushed the door. 'Ahhh,' she threw herself on a squishy armchair. 'That's better.'
Frank turned back into a person and sat on a couch. I curled up next to him. The others varied where they went or sat. Annabeth immediately ran upstairs to do whatever it was the daughter of Athena was doing. Leo raced after her in curiosity. He turned the corner up the stairs, and a few seconds later slid down the stairs and lay flat on the floor.

'What the hell?' He said. Well, actually it was a little more colourful than that. 'Why can't I get up?'

Annabeth came back with a large book. 'It's because the boys aren't allowed in the girls' dorms! I read about it in-'

'Hogwarts: A History. Man, you sound like Hermione Granger.' A voice interrupted.

Annabeth threw the book and raced towards Draco Malfoy, who had just entered the dorm.

'Ow,' Leo mumbled while pushing the heavy book off his chest.

Annabeth dashed to the blond guy and threw her arms around him. She laughed and pulled him towards the group. 'Everyone, this is Draco Malfoy!'

'Well, it should be Draco Black, but my step-father insisted upon it.'

The Slytherin shook hands with everyone.

'But I heard you were a pure-blood?' Katie asked.

'It's a cover. Like the 'mean' act, that was also a cover.'

'I haven't seen you in forever! What've you been up to?' Annabeth pushed him into an armchair, handed him a bottle of Pumpkin Juice and picked up her book from where Leo was just standing up.

'I got my letter the same day as Luna. We both had to come here. And I have to live with my step-father and my mum. So, what've you been up to?'

Annabeth took 4 hours explaining the full story. When she was done, they all realised it was almost midnight.

'Oh, I better go. Don't wanna get caught out of bed!'

Annabeth gave him a final hug, and Draco turned and left. The group decided to call it a day, and they all headed to bed.

What a productive first day.