Mochas And Dogs

Roman's POV

Do I tell Virgil I heard him sing or do I stay quiet? I don't know, I can't decide. On one hand, it can be my little secret. On the other, Logan might talk. One hand, I could tell him he was amazing with a voice of the Greek God Apollo. On the other, he might think that's weird. Or ask where I was because he couldn't see me. Then it'd have to explain what I was doing and sound like a compete stalker.

These thoughts are not good thoughts to have while waiting in line at Starbucks.

"Princey!" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts.
"You've been looking at the menu for a while. Usually you just come up here and tell me what you want to drink. You okay?" he seemed a bit worried, but mostly confused.
"Yes, I am fine. Sorry..." I look down.
"It's cool, just tell me what you want."
I look up. "Double mocha machiato with extra Carmel drizzle, chocolate chips, and whipped cream. Also, can you add cinnamon powder?"
"Not sure how good that'll taste, but sure."
With that, he left to go make the drink.

A few minutes later, I hear my name called. Or, whatever name he decided on. Today it was 'the guy with the nerdy friend'.

I look at my cup to see the name 'Prince Ramen' and roll my eyes.

Will he ever stop with the name?
~~~
Virgil's POV

I'm bored. So bored. Nothing to do. No customers. Everything is clean.
I could technically sneak out of here and go to the park or someplace else...

A bell ringing brought me from my thoughts.

Roman.

I stand up straight until I realize that he's not really paying attention to his surroundings and is muttering incoherent words to himself.

A few words I could catch were, "tell him?" "stalker" and I think "Apollo".

My mind tries to fill in the blanks.

'Should I tell him? He may think I'm a stalker. He looks like Apollo.'

That may not be right, but it's the only thing that I can think of. Who is he talking about?

A few more muttered words until I finally say, "Princey!"
That snapped him out of his trance.
He looked around a bit until his eyes landed on me.

I felt a bit awkward, having just called him 'Princey' and the fact that neither of us are speaking, so I just made something up and pretended to not hear his inaudible words.
"You've been looking at the menu for a while. Usually you just come up here and tell me what you want to drink. You okay?" I asked after that, hoping to get an answer out of him about what that whole thing was about.
"Yes, I am fine. Sorry..." Darn.
"It's cool, just tell me what you want."
"Double mocha machiato with extra Carmel drizzle, chocolate chips, and whipped cream. Also, can you add cinnamon powder?" he responded as if he had practiced the whole way here.
I'm not sure what a mocha mochiato tastes like, because I've never had one, but if it comes with certain ingredients, leave the taste alone. His order wasn't that complicated today... I guess he's just out of it.
"Not sure how good that'll taste, but sure."

He made his way to the couches while I made his drink.

I swear, every time he asks for a complicated order, I'm gonna write 'Ramen'.

Although, he does look more like a prince today...

'Prince Ramen' it is.

I tried to think of a clever name to call him, especially since no one else is here except for Patton, so I could basically call him any name I wanted, but my mind is off right now. I'm still not done with my science project that's due in 5 days.

So, instead of anything clever, I just call out, "the guy with the nerdy friend."

I mentally slap myself as he takes his cup and chuckles at the new name. He has a cute chuckle, I'll admit. I don't like him, I'm just comfortable with myself enough to admit when someone is attractive.

I go into the back room where Patton is looking up pictures of puppies and sit in the chair next to him.

"Hey, kiddo!"
"Dude, we're like, the same age."
"I know, I guess it's just my fatherly instincts kicking in," he said with a smile.
"You're not even a father..."
"But I hope to be one, one day! I gotta master adultery before I master fatherhood."
"Pat, that's not the right... Never mind." I put my head in my hands.
"What seems to be bothering you?"
"Oh, nothing. Roman. He keeps coming in every day and orders different long and complicated orders, each one different. I don't think he's had half of the ones he's ordering."
Patton smiled like he knows something.
"What?" I ask.
"Oh, nothing. You just keep doing your job, making those drinks. Make sure you don't get the order wrong."
"O...kay?"
He pats my back and stands up. It's his turn to work the counter.