Hot Chocolate And Necktie

Virgil's POV

Another day at work. Almost the same as yesterday, only I was working drive through, so I pop my head out to tell my coworker Patton what to make instead of making it myself.

He's a pretty nice guy, really fatherly. Worries about me a lot, too. Always makes sure I have food, makes sure I'm drinking enough, stuff like that.

When I looked out to ask Patton for a Vanilla Bean frappaccino, I saw Roman standing in line. He didn't seem to notice me, so I pulled Pat to the side.
"Hey, Patton."
"Hey, kiddo! What drink is next?"
"Vanilla Bean frap. But hey, can you put that guy in the white hoodie's name as 'Ramen'?"
"Uh, may I ask why?" Patton tilted his head to the side.
"Just a little joke. Don't worry, he'll know it's me who asked you."
"Well, I don't think I could do that, but I can take over your shift so you can write that."
"'kay, thanks Pat."
He just smiled and walked away after I handed him the headset.

I make the drinks and exchange money and cards, until it finally gets to the royal-ish boy.

"Hello again, Virgil!"
"Hey, princey."
Wow...he remembered my name...
He cocked his head to the side at my nickname for him.
"Princey?"
I pointed at the red stripe.
"You're literally wearing a sash with gold... thingies on your shoulders," I say wiggling my fingers around the shoulder area.
"Can't argue with that..." Roman looked down and blushed.
"Order?" I ask after a small pause.
"Oh, yes. Hot chacolate with cinnamon powder with a bit of extra sugar and extra whipped cream with some chocolate and hazelnut drizzles," Roman finished with a smile.

If he orders one more complicated order, I'm gonna hurt someone...

I take the cup, medium because he didn't specify what size, and write 'Ramen' again.

Finished with his order, I call out, "Prince dude, your over-complicated hot chocolate is ready."

He takes the cup with a "thank you" and checks the name. Smiling to himself, he exits the shop.

I smile, too.

"Oooooooh, do I see a crush blossoming?" Patton sang behind me.
"What? No..." I try to sound convincing, but when it comes to stuff like this, there's pretty much nothing you can say to convince them that you don't like whoever they're talking about.
"A crush might not be blooming, but a blush is!" he giggled.
I grumbled and clocked out. My shift was over an hour ago, anyway.

As I'm grabbing my bag to leave, I hear Patton yell, "Don't forget to eat!"

I don't have an eating disorder, but I appreciate his concern.
"Thanks, Pat. You too."

I walk out of the shop to see Roman talking about something with another guy around our age wearing... is that a necktie?

Necktie dude notices me and points at me while asking Roman a question.

I can't hear them, but I'm certainly not blind and can see Roman quickly trying to pull his friend's arm down and then nods.

Prince's friend starts to walk over to me and now I can hear a lot of, "Logan! Stop! Get back here!"'s and groaning.

The guy I'm assuming's name is Logan came up to me and... just started walking around me, looking me up and down.

"Uh... Can I help you?" I manage through the confusion of the whole situation.

"So, you are the barista who's putting my friend's name as 'Ramen'?" Logan finally asks, making so much direct eye contact it's unsettling.

"Yeah, so?" I got defensive.

"Well, typically when humans show feelings for another, usually in a romantic sense, and don't know how to handle it, they repress the emotions down until it comes out in a negative sense, rather than actions that convey their true thoughts or... feelings. Is this what is happening?"

"Look, I'm the master of repression, but I'm pretty sure I just put his name as 'Ramen' because he orders some really long and complicated stuff," I reason.

"And yet you never miss a detail," Logan commented.

Man, this guy would be great on a debate team.

"It's my job. I have to get people's orders right or else they won't come back," I retort.

"Say what you will, but just know that his orders will probably just get more confusing and complicated," Logan stated as he fixed his glasses and started to walk away.

"And why is that?" I ask, curious.

"That's an answer for another time, Virgil."

I roll my eyes and walk away, but not before I see Roman hitting Logan on the arm.