Thirty Five

Kate

Alessio stared at Sergio, looked to Nash again who had Ellie hugging his legs to avoid seeing everything going on, very slowly he looked back to me, and finally back to Sergio.

You could have heard a pin drop.

"This...this foolery, I've had enough of it." Alessio said slowly, his threatening tone worn down and full of uncertainty now. Thinking I had slept with Nash had enraged him, anyone really had enraged him but Sergio had him shaken? "I'm going to count to three, and if pretty boy doesn't step forward, the real bastard who thought it smart to pull their little baby dἱck out near my wife-"

"I already told you." Sergio insisted again.

He was making this so much worse.

"Sergio, I am warning you." Alessio said and pointed his gun to him. "I am not in the fὑcking mood. You can't even get off in your fὑcking hand. Sit the hell down before I shoot you in the knee and make you sit down."

Sergio cross his arms over his chest and raised an eyebrow.

Alessio hesitated and then turned back to me again his agitation and desperation just growing. I couldn't meet his gaze. "Sergio, please, sit down." I said softly. Alessio turned back to Sergio who smirked suddenly.

"You?"

He opened his arms up and motioned his hands inwards towards himself. "Me."

The room was quiet. Alessio was frozen, had I ever seen Alessio frozen with shock and panic? "You son of a bἱtch!" Alessio yelled suddenly just before throwing his gun to the ground and diving across the table and tackling Sergio to the ground.

I screamed. Ugo did not budge from his seat. Pietro was one of the first around the table alongside Aria and myself.

"Stop it, stop it, stop it!" I wailed as Alessio took swing after swing at Sergio until Sergio rolled on top and took over.

Pietro and Silvano grabbed Sergio and pulled him off of Alessio, Sergio got one good kick to Alessio's face as they pulled him away and Uncle Sammy, another Mafioso, and a somewhat useless Simone were making sure to hold Alessio back after he'd gotten to his feet.

Aria put a hand on Sergio's chest to stand between them and for a brief moment he glanced away from Alessio to her before turning his glare back to him.

"Have you lost your mind!" I yelled to Alessio and then turned to Sergio. "Are you alright." I grabbed a napkin and started to wipe the blood away from his nose. He wasn't even healed from what Ugo had done to him and now this!

He pulled his arm hard from Pietro's grip. "Fine." He snapped and pushed my hand away.

"Just fὑck him again why don't you?" Alessio yelled past the group of men holding him.

"Leave her alone." Sergio warned.

I whirled around to face Alessio with a glare. "Like you have any room to talk!" I scolded.

"Puttanella." Alessio muttered.

"Alessio!" Aria scolded. From behind her Sergio laughed.

"Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?"

Alessio broke free from everyone holding him back and got another good swing on Sergio before everyone managed to get between them and pull them apart again.