Thirty Three

Sobriety hit me like a hammer straight to the temple. Gin really brought out my inner bitch...and apparently my inner slὑt too. Fὑck it all. The surprising part of all of this was that my curls looked better now than they had when I pulled them out of the curlers.

I traced my fingers over the large black letters across Sergio's chest. He had his arms under his head, eyes closed. "Famiglia è tutto." He muttered without opening his eyes.

"Family is everything."

"Mhm."

"Is that how you feel? That sounds like something Alessio and Ugo are always saying." I rolled my eyes and rolled away from Sergio, I sat up, there was a mirror across from us and I grimaced. I looked awful, except for the wonderful hair. Rather than face today like I probably should, I picked up the gin bottle again.

Sergio sat up as I was drinking and slung an arm over me, only to get to the bottle, with his head beside my own he took a swig. "You're shut off."

"I'm okay now"

"Didn't ask if you were, don't much care. You're shut off. You should get dressed, big fancy dinner you've got."

"I'm going to need that bottle back if you want me to go down there." I turned my head to face him. "Go. Please?"

"Erm, no, definitely not."

"I don't know if I can face him, I really don't, I mean I can't just not face him though, can I?"

"Well." He paused to take another swig of the drink he'd forbidden me from. "You can. You're not a kid remember. Do whatever the fὑck you want. That's what I do."

Clearly it hadn't worked out so well for him. "Can you just up and leave the country without a word when you have a fiancé?"

He grinned, too broadly and shrugged before dropping his arm and standing up. He padded across the room in just his jeans to gather his shirt. I watched him for only a few seconds before looking around the room for the dress I'd been wearing the day before when Alessio had taken me.

"Ari can get you something different to wear?" Sergio offered watching me skim the room. It took me a moment to remember where I was. In her house. "Do you want to talk to her?"

"What?"

"To Ari." He shrugged. "She's not some scary dragon. I assume you have some questions. She'd answer them you know. Alessio probably wouldn't but she would."

"No. I do not want to talk to her." I would rather pummel her with my cast. "I just need to get my clothes and get back to the estate or, God." I put my head into my hands. "I don't know what to do."

"Here." He handed me his shirt. "Put this on, I will get you something to wear for dinner."

"No, it's fine, this is fine." I took his shirt. "I just, I have to go." I held it protectively over my chest. Without the gin I was suddenly feeling the thing I knew would be coming. I blinked away tears and pulled the shirt over my head. I was suddenly feeling a lot of things.

All negative.

Sergio opened the bedroom door and held it open for me. I came out first just as Aria came out of a room across the hallway with a yoga mat rolled up under her arm. "Oh." She seemed genuinely surprised for a moment. "Are you feeling better today?"

Oh this bitch.

I scoffed. "No Aria." I sneered her name. "I'm not feeling better today."

"Oh, well I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't think you'd ever stop throwing up last night."

Color spread across my cheeks. "Maybe I was just so lost in disgust at the idea of Alessio sleeping with you I couldn't help myself."

"Okay?" She blinked.

"Well this is awkward." Sergio announced shamelessly. "I still think you guys should talk."

I had no intentions of talking, maybe clobbering, but not talking.

"I actually completely agree." Aria said with a small shrug and admittedly, my confusion was powerful enough to outweigh my rage, but only for a moment.

"Okay, let's talk about you sleeping with my fiancé. Sounds like a great place to start wouldn't you agree?"

"Uh, kind of a weird start but okay. What would you like to, uh, know. Should we like, sit down? Get some coffee or something. This is really weird."

Better make it and iced coffee or so help me God I would dump the scalding pot on her head! "Weird? I wouldn't call this weird. It's not weird it's, it's...." I could seldom think of a word powerful enough to explain my distaste. "It's slὑtty."

"Slὑtty? That's not really fair you slept with him too."

I actually sputtered I was so shocked. "What?! We were engaged! Of course I slept with him! He was my fiancé!" She spoke so casually of it like it was okay like it didn't matter that we were engaged!

She shrugged. "Well I mean yeah me too."

"What?"

"Seriously." She shifted the mat and the bag on her shoulder. "This is really weird. Let's sit somewhere."

After a few moments of stunned silence Sergio nudged me.

"You too." I repeated.

"Uh-"

I laughed. "You too." I nodded and turned down the hallway. "Her too!" I yelled as I walked away.

"Is she okay?" Aria asked Sergio.

"Well Ari, I get the feeling, she didn't know."

"Oh."

I turned around abruptly and pointed my casted hand to her. "Come to dinner tonight!" I screamed it to Aria.

"Erm, I don't-"

"Come and break every freaking boundary you can. I don't want to talk I want to see. Brush the lint off his shoulder, pour him wine, fix his tie, I need to see." I demanded of Ari. I had to see Alessio react, would he squirm under my gaze, tell her to bugger off, respond to her touch?

"Just. Freaking. Come." And then I turned andstormed away, I got lost only twice in trying to find my way out of the houseand if they were aware, possibly watching me on security footage they allowedme my dignity and did not correct me. 

-----------------------------------------

TGIF!

Because this chapter is so short I'll definitely  post another update before Friday <3

sooooo...did Sergio and Kate sleep together?

Did Aria just admit she and Alessio were engaged?

Also wanted to add remember Kate thinks Aria and alessio slept together, when she talks about them sleeping together Aria assumed she is talking about the past because all that had happened now was a kiss!

Kate still has no idea that Aria and Alessio only kissed, nor that Alessio and Sergio are BROTHERS. Ahhhh.

Don't forget to vote and comment!