Don't worry....A Kiba Inuzuka love story

Kiba's P.O.V

: "Come on Akamaru, were almost there."

Akamaru barked in agreement. After our week long mission we couldn't wait to get back home.

I smiled at my companion as we ran, as soon as we got back we are so going to BBQ. After we report our mission of course.

* LOUD SCREAM *

Sliding to a stop: "What was that?!"

Akamaru wined : "It sounded like a small girl."

I waved him along as we ran towards the screams: "Come on boy."

When we arrived at the source of the commotion i was shocked at what i saw. Akamaru was right, there was a little girl being held in the air by a very strange, deformed looking man. Her clothes were tattered and ripped, she had many cuts all over her dirt covered body and she didn't look like she had eaten in a long time.

Akamaru crawled into my jacket: "She doesn't look to good, does she buddy?"

The little girl beat at the weird rope around her waist, that was holding her in the air with her free hand: "Let me go! LET ME GO! Please let go of me!"

The man in front of her (if you could call him a man) laughed: "That won't do child. You have to come back with me."

the little girl's eyes widened and immediately began to struggle harder: "NO! NO! NO! LET ME GO!.....SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!"

: "I guess that's our Que, huh akamaru." I ran out from my cover under the brush, charging at the man. "Fang Over Fang!"

The man didn't have enough time to react. I hit him straight on making him drop the girl and sent him rolling across the ground. I stood watching him for a few moments before turning around to approach the girl, but as soon as i turned around the girl gasped and backed away from me.

Carefully i stepped closer: "It's ok, i'm not gonna hurt you."

The little girl was shaking where she sat, tears forming the corner of her eyes: "Wh...who are you?"

I stepped a little closer, sitting down in front of her: "My name is kiba." Akamaru barked from his spot in my jacket. "And this is my partner akamaru. What is your name?"

Still shaking where she sat with her hands held tightly to her chest: "My name is Rose."

: "Well Rose, you don't look like you're doing well. Would you like to come with me back to the Leaf Village? They can fix you up real quick and there's a lot of people who can help you."

Rose: "Um, o..ok. I just don't know how i'll get there."

: "Can you walk?"

Rose sadly shook her head: "No..not really."

Akamaru jumped out of my jacket and went over to her, sniffing at her left ankle: "She sprained it. Not to bad though."

Rose hesitantly reached out towards akamaru. He trotted forward letting her pet him. As she pet him i noticed her shaking had stopped and she now had a small smile on her face. I started to smile as well, until i sniffed the air and realized that guy wasn't down for the count yet.

Jumping forward, i scooped Rose into my arms: "Hang on!" Akamaru followed close behind me as a ran with Rose in my arms. "That guy isn't finished with us yet."

I could feel Rose tense as she grasped at my jacket, She looked up at me tears now leaking down her face: "Please don't let him take me back there! I can't, i won't, i'll die if i have to go back there!"

For a moment i wondered where 'there' was, but i focused on the task at hand: "Don't worry. You won't be going back wherever there is if i have any say about it."

Just then a paper bomb exploded to the side of us, sending us through the air. I accidently let go of Rose when we hit the ground. We rolled a few feet apart, but still close enough for me to quickly pick her up again and continue running, but the man stood in front of us, arms crossed and not exactly in the mood to let us pass.

I set Rose down, letting her stand to the side: "Looks like i'll have to deal with him." I nodded to akamaru, he jumped in front of Rose his hackles up as he growled in an attempt to look somewhat threating.

without another thought i charged the mutated being, but he disapeared from my sight. I quickly slid to a stop, spining around as Rose let out another scream. The man was now just a few feet in front of her and akamaru was in mid air.

: "AKAMARU!" The man swatted my partner away with just a swing of his arm and continued walking towards Rose. His hand outstreched reaching for her trimbling form.

Rose quickly wove some handsigns: "Water style, Water bullets!"

The chakra inhansted water blasted him back with quite a bit of force. I had to jump out of the way as not to get hit with them myself. By rolling to the side and jumping back up to run, but i saw the man struggling to stand back up.

: "Oh no you don't!" I ran at him pulling my arm back and hit him with all i had.

The man flew back slamming into a tree and slumped to the ground. I smirked at my work before turning back around to see Rose passed out on the ground.

Akamaru sniffed her face: "She's out of chakra and really needs to eat."

After thinking for a moment, i slid off my jacket and put it on Rose: " Well she should at least have something to cover her up better." I gently picked her up and started to make our way back to hidden leaf village.