In class you had to make a potion, it didn't take long to make. Only about twenty minutes in, for one part you had to roll your sleeves up in order to follow the instructions and not burn your robe…

You take a quick subtle look around, luckily for you everyone was busy with their own potions and Snape was grading papers from the looks of it. You roll your sleeves up quickly following the instructions. As soon as you're done you roll your sleeves back down before anyone sees.

~~~~

"(L/n), stay after class for a moment." Snape says right before the class gets out.

You instantly start to worry about what you did wrong, taking a deep breath you try to calm yourself down. Just when you thought you'd get away with no real human interaction life has to come fuck you in the ass, and not in the good way. 

You roll your eyes as you hear a few students make 'Ooo' sounds and a few kissing sounds. Children, fucking children, all of them. You remain seated at your desk until the last kid has left the room. Once alone in the room with Snape, you walk over to his desk nervously.

"Yes, Sir?" You ask as he stands up walking around his desk standing only a few inches from you.  You look up at him, he had his usual cold mask on but you could see something akin to... Worry? In his eyes.

"I noticed you've been more withdrawn lately, is everything alright?" You wouldn't think he gave two shits by the tone of his voice but when you looked in his eyes it seemed like he honestly cared.

"Yeah, everything's fine." You lie right through your teeth.

"Your arms tell a different story..." He says more softly crossing his arms. 

"W-What do you mean?" Your eyes widen in fear. He couldn't have seen, there's no way, you were careful. 

"Mr. (L/n), don't lie to me. I saw them." He says firmly. You look down ashamed. "Tell me where you really got that black eye." He demands softly obviously not believing the story you had been telling. 

"I-I don't know what you mean, Sir, I just fell into the corner of a table." You stand by the lie.

"What did I just say about lying to me?" He pauses for a moment. "I can't help you if I don't know what happened." His eyes bore into yours. 

"Please, Sir, it's nothing." You whispered trying to blink the tears away. God, you felt like such a cry baby.

"It's not nothing, tell me what happened, let me help you." Snape insists. You don't see a way out of this so you take a deep breath and prepare for the worst.

"I came out to my parents as trans and they didn't take it so well, especially my father..." You say barely above a whisper.

"So he gave you the black eye?" Snape sounds so calm but anger flashes in his eyes, but the anger was not directed at you. You just nod not wanting to say it out loud. "And your arms?" All the anger had vanished from his voice, now he just sounded sad probably already knowing the answer. 

"I-I just wanted to be numb for a bit..." You whisper not really trusting your voice as a rogue tear rolls down your cheek.

"Look at me." You hesitantly do as you're told. Snape wipes the tears from your face.

"I'll talk to the headmaster and get this sorted out." Your eyes widen in fear.

"N-No, you can't!" Your father would actually kill you if he found out you had told someone.

"I can't just sit and do nothing as you're being hurt and treated poorly. A bright young man like yourself deserves better." You blush at his words as your heart swells up, Snape can be so sweet when he wants to be. 

"B-But-" You start but he cuts you off. 

"But nothing. I will not allow one of my most promising students to be hurt mentally and physically. If your parents don't see what a smart young man you are then that's their loss. Arm." He demands. "Now." He says more firmly when you don't give him your arm.

You slowly outstretch your arm until he has you in his grip. He rolls up the sleeve of your robe looking over all the scars and scabbed over cuts, a few of them had broken open throughout the day. He holds his other hand out, you hesitantly give over your other arm. He does the same with this one, rolling up the sleeve, looking over all the scars and scabbing over cuts.

"Don't move." He stands walking across the room. He comes back with a small jar in his hands. Sitting back down, he pours a little of the cream substance onto his hand. Softly he rubs the cream into your arm, his touch is so gentle and soothing. You watch as the fresher scabbed over cuts heal instantly without scaring. He lets go of that arm grabbing a bit more of the cream before grabbing your other arm repeating the process. You close your eyes at the pleasant feeling of his fingers lightly massaging the cream into the physical wounds of your mental wounds as goosebumps spread across your arms. 

"I'll make something for the older scars." Snape's voice brings you back to reality.

"Th-Thank you, professor." You shyly look up at him rolling your sleeves back down.

"It's no trouble. But please, just come to me next time you want to hurt yourself. Let me help you get better." Never in a million years did you think you'd hear that from Snape's mouth.

"I-I will." You give him a small smile, you were beyond thankful to have a teacher like Snape.

"Good. I'll make sure your father never lays another finger on you, I promise you." Snape gets a lot of hate but at the end of the day he truly does care about his students.

"Thank you, Sir." You hug him without really thinking and to your surprise he hugs you back, a bit awkwardly yes, but still, he actually hugged you back. You take a deep breath breathing in the scent of mint and potion ingredients.

"Never forget that you are who you are and no one can change that, not even yourself. You're a boy and that's all there is to it, you can't make yourself into something you're not. Don't let anyone force you to be someone you're not, you're a strong young man and no one can change that." Snape says lowly into your ear making you shiver.

"Thank you, professor, that means a lot." You say not much louder than a whisper as you pull back from the hug. 

"Of course. Now I suggest you start on that homework." Snape says telling you in his own way to leave. 

"Yes, Sir." You give a small smile before gathering your stuff and heading for the door as he sits back down at his desk. 

"Have a good day, professor." You turn back to him once you get to the door.

"You too, Mr. (L/n), don't cause too much trouble." His lips upturn just slightly.

"Of course I won't, Professor." You smile before walking out of the room and heading to the library.