s e v e n

song: E I S.U - i miss u

(unedited.)
The giant was taken aback from all the words and gestures he received from the smaller male. He just stared down at Baekhyun, who was still hugging him, while looking at him with a pleading gaze.

Chanyeol looked straight into the petite's eyes, feeling stunned. Despite them being droopy, and despite how they claimed a dark brown chocolate color, how they shined brightly and beautifully, his heart raced abnormally against his ribcage at how they looked at him so genuinely, so warmly, so softly that it almost made him want to lose his facade— Baekhyun's obvious, honest intention made him want to just trust him.

But was it worth it?

Baekhyun could be a good actor, and he could be using some clever, malicious simulations to trick him. He could be a backstabber, just like everyone else.

Everyone leaves, no one stays.

One day, even Yoora, or Jongdae would leave him. He knows that. So did he want to add more people to the list? and more pain to tolerate in the near future, when only he will stay by his self's side?

Even if the petite truly cared, time will pass, and everything will change.

He didn't want to have a problematic lifestyle any sooner. If he sticks to his current way of living, he could have a happy, peaceful life.

Trusting Baekhyun would do no good to him.

"I'm sorry," He said, his apology lacking of honesty, "but no. Just leave me alone and stay out of my life."

He glared at the petite, and felt his heart uncomfortably beat fast, when he noticed the sadness, the hurt in his now teary eyes.

His heart couldn't calm down when it all looked and felt familiar to him.

He felt terrified at the weird feeling.

His mind manipulated him again, making him become aggressive— all that was running through his head, was 'protect yourself's and 'leave this place's. So, like a machine that only followed orders, He quickly yanked Baekhyun's arms from his torso, and pushed him in a strong manner, making him fall on the cold ground hard.

He was about to leave, not when he heard a soft, weak voice say, " i won't give up. You can't live like this for too long. You're missing out on a lot of things that you should be doing at this age," He let out a shaky sob, before continuing in a broken voice, "and when you'll get older, you will regret not living your youth, and being carefree. I know that you'll regret it." Baekhyun smiled sadly, "i've had a dumb giant previously. He was just like you, and he hated himself in the end for being an introvert," He inhaled, before continuing, "But i won't let you get to that point. You might curse me for doing such things now, but later, when you will finally realize that what you're doing is useless, you will thank me." He looked up at Chanyeol, flashing him a warm smile, despite his cheeks being wet. "Now go, Chanyeol-ah. Just go to your room and i will let you alone for the meantime, and please, think about what you're doing with your life. You need it."

Chanyeol didn't know what to do, for the words of Baekhyun that were running left and right through his mind, making him utterly confused.

The petite make took this as a chance. He limped toward the giant, giving him a quick hug, flashing him an amused smile when he noticed how tense and shocked he became, before he ran limply to his room, leaving the other male in a daze.

*

deciding to just take a nap to clear his mind, Chanyeol laid on his bed, wanting to drift to a deep, relaxing slumber but not being able to do so.

The image of Baekhyun's shiny, beautiful eyes couldn't leave his mind.

It all looked too familiar to him.

The dark chocolate color of his orbs, the brillance and the sparkling that they had, He had all seen it before.

But where? He couldn't put his finger on an exact memory.

He was sure that he have never met Baekhyun before. He was a person with a good memory so he knew he never did.

But why was everything about Baekhyun engraved in his mind, like he had encountered it for thousands of times? Why did the petite seem like a faded yet important memory?

Did he have an amnesia? probably not. He remembers his childhood, his parents, his teen life too.

He sighed desperately, closing his eyes tight, wanting to just get some rest. But he couldn't. Everything felt so known and kept tugging him painfully in his heart, as if wanting him to remember the past.

Should he check a psychiatrist? probably, he sure is going crazy.

*

Chanyeol woke up, feeling tired. He lazily stood up, looking at his clock that showed the current time— 9:00AM.

He went to the restroom to freshen up, before he headed straight to the dining room. It was empty, but there was a note on the table.

'hey there baek-chan!!!!!

yoora already went to work, and i did too. breakfast is in the fridge, just heat it up. get yourselves pizza or something for lunch or maybe cook!

byeeee, by chen <3'

He rolled his eyes. it was yet another day where his sister and friend didn't come home for lunch, meaning that he had to do something about it.

And he has to stay alone with that annoying midget.

He sighed, before making his way to the fridge to take the foods out, and heat them up.

Now that he thought about baekhyun, how was he supposed to act around him?

"good morning chan," the said male turned around to see the owner of the voice, "what are you doing?"

The giant sighed, before muttering a soft, low 'breakfast'.

"Oh okay," Baekhyun smiled, "is that for us both or will i have to make something for myself?"

"it's for us both," Chanyeol said, irritated with baekhyun's presence already, "now shut up."

Baekhyun pouted, "you're so mean chanyeol-ah. you shouldn't be like this to your new housemate."

Chanyeol put the food in two plates, before serving it. "it's not like i want you here barking like an annoying dog."

Baekhyun felt hurt, but decided to hide it with a playful pout. "you're disrespecting your toben with that drag. But whatever, let's just eat."

"who said i was eating here? with you?" Chanyeol said. "i'm going to the living room-" Baekhyun stood up, "alone. if you follow me i won't hesitate to beat you up."

The petite could only nod sadly, before sitting on his seat again. It made the taller somehow just want to take back everything he said, but he shrugged it off, before going to the other room.

Baekhyun looked at his untouched food, before placing his utensils down.

"You don't seem to remember me, love." He smiled, his eyes watering. "you're still the same. Mean and careless. If only you would change, like you promised me to," He let a tear ran down his cheek, "if only you'd remember me. I miss you."

*
Hiiii!!!!!

i....updated???? even though this chapter is so boring. i'm sorry...

i gave a little hints on the plot twist 😉 did you guess what it's going to be? tell me your theories!!! 💛

also, i'm kinda more active on twitter, so if you want to talk to me or scream at me to update, feel free to do so. it's @/softyeolliie  ! just don't mention my wattpad name there 👌

i love you ❤️ see you later!