Chapter 11

It scared me to see my sister fighting like that, along with the fact that the two seemed to be surrounded by some kind of magic.

Then the fox caught the upper hand and began to throw her around in his jaws. I had to go in and help her! Without even thinking I charged into the fight, grabbing onto the foxes black fur. Ember was then released with a yelp and was thrown to the ground.

The fox then turned around and grabbed my leg pulling me to the ground. I tried to get back up, but he wouldn't let go. It wasn't long before he was yanking me around. I was then thrown against a tree and the last thing I saw before blacking out was Ember leaning over the fox about to deal the death blow.

~*~

I woke up in my nest. My body was sore and everything hurt. I stood up to look around. Everyone was gone.

"Thorn?" I heard a small voice ask. I looked down to see Luna who was looking up at me. "What happened? Where is everyone?" I asked. "Midnight is watching you sister to make sure she recovers well and Core and Ice went hunting. "She answered looking down with a blank stair. "Wheres Ember? Is she ok?" I asked.

"She's still asleep.They are in the bedroom."

"Thanks!" I called out to the kitten as I ran into the room.

Just as she said I found Midnight sitting over Embers body. I climbed up into the bed seeing she was still alive.

"Is she ok?" I asked nervously. "Yes she's fine, but she needs her rest. All that fighting seemed to take up a lot of her energy." She responded looking down at her. I looked down too to see she was fine. It gave me some relief, but I still wanted to see her awake.

"Why don't you go outside for a little bit." Midnight suggested. "Ok." I said jumping down from the bed somewhat disappointed.

I had walked around the house and gotten bored with it so I went hunting. I didn't find much other then a small rat that had been running around. By the time I had gotten back Ice and Core had returned from their hunting trip. It seemed as if there's had gone better then mine. They had each brought back a rabbit while I could only manage a small rat.

I went into the room to check on my sister with my hopes high that she would be awake. I jumped up onto the bed to find her head up and looking around. When her eyes turned to me her face gave a smile.

"Ember you ok!" I said with joy as I lay down next to her. "The fox is truly gone?" She asked. Midnight nodded. "We saw you kill him soon after Thorn fell."

Ember smiled before hugging me. "We are finally safe."