Chapter 2

We had to leave Dew to the attack. The humans chased us out of the barn. That stupid fox gave us away and now we have to leave.

   Luckily Core had already found a spot where we could stay for the time. It was a small abandoned house in the forest. It was covered in leafy green plants and didn't seem to be very big, but it would still work. "This'll work. I'll go make sure it's safe inside." Midnight volunteered. The black cat then ran forward to go explore the new home.

Midnight's POV
When I entered the old house there where two rooms. The first room seemed to serve many reasons. I once lived with humans so I knew what many of these things where used for.

There seemed to be things that you would see in a kitchen in one corner and things that where in a living room in another corner. There was also things you would find in their bedrooms scattered across the floor. Actually there was lots of random things scattered across the ground.

Then I heard mewing from the other room. It was the voice of a kit so it wasn't much of a problem other then the fact of its mother most likely wouldn't be far behind.

I walked into the room. It had a giant bed in the middle of it and the rest was covered in trash or plant life. Snuggled in on top of the bed was a little kit. The kit had a white and black spotted pattern. "Hello little one." I greeted her. "W-who are you?" The kit whimpered. She looked around for me lifting her head in the air. It was a strange motion, but I wouldn't question it. I walked up to the kit and then she looked at me. After getting a closer look the kit had a few wounds on her body that where fresh.

"My names Midnight, are you ok?" I asked. "A-a big animal attacked my mother. She never came back for me." The kit whimpered. "It'll be ok, just a minute. I have a few friends outside waiting for me." I told her. She nodded.

I jumped off the bed and called them in. When they came in I explained to them about the kit and went to go check on her.

I sat down next to her and she stopped shaking and pushed herself close to me. "I never got your name. What is it?" I asked her. "My name is Luna." She told me. Her voice was definitely much calmer.

"I smell dogs and foxes, why?" She asked. "Their my friends. Don't worry they won't hurt you."

"What color is your pelt?" She then asked. The question shocked me. "It's black, can't you see that?"

"Oh sorry, I guess I forgot to tell you that I'm blind."