Chapter 4

When I woke up I was in a cage. The cage was in a dark room with a small light that only lit the space around it. Which left my cage in darkness.

At first I thought that maybe humans had caught me, but then I remembered the fight with that cat. I remembered what he had said. When I get out of here I'll force the rest of the information out. I thought myself. And maybe get revenge along with it. I added to the thought.

Maybe I'm not alone in here. If I'm not then we could try and help each other. "Hello, anyone else here?" I called out. No one answered. "Great! I'm stuck alone in a dark creepy room." I growled to myself.

Thorn's POV

It was the afternoon and Ember was still missing. She had been missing all day. Ice and Core had gone to search for her only to come back saying they found nothing. Soon after Ice went back out to try and find her himself. As the hours went by I just kept on getting more worried.

"You still worried about Ember." Midnight asked as she walked over and sat down next to me. "Yea, she's my sister and the only family I have, why wouldn't I be worried." I responded. "Trust me, we all are worried about her." She said. "I'm sure she'll be fine Thorn. I've seen how she can fight and what she can do."

"Maybe she just got lost or something." She suggested. I smiled. "Maybe." But I still had that feeling inside of me that told me it was more then her just being lost.

Luna then walked up to us and asked what we where talking about. Midnight told her it was nothing and that she should head inside. The kit nodded then stumbled off. You could tell Midnight was attached to her. And the fact that she was blind amazed me. The way Luna acted you could never tell she was a blind kit.

Soon after Ice came back from his search. "Did you find her?" I asked. He shook his head no. "I'm sorry Thorn, but I couldn't find anything. Maybe the two of us can go search for her in the morning." Ice suggested. "Ok." I agreed with a sigh. We walked into the the house and laid down for the night.

I laid down on my bed of moss and feathers to go to sleep, but tonight I just couldn't. Ember would normally sleep next to me. It just didn't seem the same. But soon enough I still fell asleep unable to stay awake any longer.