Chapter 10

I stop in my tracks. "Whats wrong Ember?" Thorn asked. "I I heard a voice." I spun around only to see no one was there. " I'm sure its ok, but we should get a move on before that fox comes back." Core said. I nodded to him knowing he was right, but still. That voice sounded like his. Except in a more evil tone. And it felt like there was something evil near by.

We kept running threw the forest. Soon we started to slow down as we got closer to the house. I could still feel it. "Whats wrong?" Thorn asked. "I feel like something is following us. "

I then looked around and I looked at our shadows. Then I noticed there was a extra shadow. It didn't belong to any of us and didn't seem to have a owner. It looked like a fox with red eyes. It had a grin that slid across its face.

"Who's there!" I growled at it. Everyone else turned to look at what I had saw. Midnight arched her back at the shadow. Ice and Core bared their teeth growling and Thorn came to stand by my side.

"Yea come out!" Thorn commanded trying to hide the fear in his tone.

The smile then vanished from the shadows face. It bared its teeth as if it was growling, but it was silent. I was somewhat confused of why I couldn't hear it's growl.

   Then it took that moment to attack. Shade then jumped out of the shadow. His eyes glowing red and his fur seemed to drift off of him fad into nothingness.

   Thorn then jumped at the fox pushing him to the side, pushing him to the ground. Shade then slid away from him and charged at me.

   I felt something charge up inside me, as if I had become stronger and gained more power. I then jumped up and grabbed him in the air. My vision went red. The only thing I could focus on was killing him.

Thorn's POV

   When I got up from defending Ember I looked up to see her and the shadow fox fighting, but her fur was on fire and her eyes seemed to glow like fire. We watched as they fought. All they cared about was defeating each other.

   I looked to the others and stood there watching, trying to figure out what was happening. I waited on one of them to strike, but none of them would.

   I looked back to the fight to see the shadow fox vanish into his own shadow and go off to hide. Ember stood her ground. Then he jumped out from behind her and pined her to the ground. Ember let out a cry as she crashed to the ground.

   She didn't stay down long though. She then grabbed onto his neck and when she did her jaws erupted with fire. The shadow fox cried out in pain, but it didn't stop her from burning him. It was as if she had no control of herself. She would never hurt someone like that friend or foe. If she where to kill she wouldn't make her enemy suffer. Or she just really hated him that much.