Selfish

I put my hand on the white fence but then turned to look at Luke who was right behind me.

"You'll be fine." he whispered.

"No. I can already tell I'm gonna get a bloody nose." I whispered back.

"And I'll be waiting out here for you if you need me."

"Promise?" I asked.

"I'll always be here." he said leaning in and kissed my cheek.

"Okay" I whispered. I opened the gate and slowly walked to the door. I wasn't sure if I should knock on the door or walk in but I decided to knock.

"Hel-Lilian?" my mom asked surprised.

"Hi." I said voice shaky.

"Come on in." my mom said grabbing my hand and pulling me into the house.

"Do you want anything?" she asked as I followed her into the kitchen.

"No I'm good." I said sitting at the island as she fixed herself a cup of tea.

"How have you been?" she asked sitting across from me. We made some awkward small conversations. We never brought up the fight though.

While mom went to the bathroom some random guy walked through the kitchen.

"Who are you?" he asked jumping back a little surprised I was sitting the kitchen.

"Um I'm Lilian, who are you?" I was confused why this random guy was In my moms house.

"Oh Lilian I didn't even recognize you. It's me Bryan. we met one time."

"Oh yeah." the boyfriends mom moved here for. He was tall skinny and had short dark hair and brown eyes. he took a seat across from me.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Um I've been better."

"You know your mother has been a wreck, worrying about you. Since you moved out of Luke's she had no idea where and how you were doing." I just looked at him not sure of what to say.

"Lilian I get it you're 18."

"19." I interrupted him.

"Okay you're 19, you're in the stage of life where you don't wanna listen to your mum and you wanna do things your own way but I think with your condition you should really listen to your mom. She knows more then you do."

"My condition?" I asked.

"Yes your condition."

"You do realize I'm dying. there's nothing else the doctors can do. My doctor told me to my face I'm dying and there's nothing else we can do but hope and pray. so I rather not do useless treatments that aren't gonna help the problem and just make it worse for me." This guy was really ticking me off.

"And I think it's very selfish of you to have done what you did. Treat your mother like that then just run off and not talk to her."

"And I think your not my fucking father so don't fucking act like it. And you have no fucking right to say this stuff to me. And you know what I was here to mend things with her because of my condition and you're the ass that just ruined this for her so have fun explaining that to her." I grabbed my bag off the island and ran out of the house.

Luke and julia were sitting on the curb talking. I let the white gate slam behind me making them look to me. I ran over to Luke as he stood up.

"What happened?" he asked.