Then it hit me, what was I even going to tell that person to introduce myself.  I couldn't say whether he knew 3W!, it would be too obvious.

Without any further delay, the door opened wide. With my jaw dropped, I stared the familiar face— hazel brown hair with high cheekbones and frackles that danced across his cheeks.

"Is that you Skylar?" His British accent brought back memories of his brother.

"Milton, hey." I said softly, I couldn't spare to look at him in the eye because he reminded me too much of his brother— Jonah.

I could not bear to look at him.
Jonah was my first friend,
first kiss, first love and first heartbreak.

It's surprising how I was so blocked up with bad memories that I didn't even bother to drool over his shirtless chest. But Jeremy has way better abs, wait why am I even comparing?

"It's been a while...come in." He moved aside but I could feel that he was skeptical around me.

Walking in, I took in the surroundings—it was a simple apartment with cream walls and usual amenities. But there weren't any photographs. He didn't even want to remember Jonah, weird though.

"Can I offer you anything?" He pulled a long sleeve sweater over his head.

"No, thanks Milton." I could remember how I always had a tiny crush on Milton, though I was dating his younger brother. My younger self found it a major turn on that he was always such a gentleman with big dreams of becoming a doctor.

He sat on the sofa opposite me, placing his elbows on his knees.

"I didn't know you moved here," I started off.

"Well, I needed to get away from...things that were related to Jonah." He muttered coldly.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything Skylar, but why are you here?" He hated me ever since Jonah died, I mean I couldn't blame him.

He had all right to hate me immensely; who wouldn't hate the person who indirectly killed their sibling?

"Oh erm, I got this—" I paused when I remembered how I wasn't allowed to tell anyone else about 3W!.

" Someone told me you knew something that I should know about." I recovered.

He gave me a confused look.

"Could you maybe narrow it down to a topic?" He raised an eyebrow, somehow he could always make me feel so small and dumb.

"It's okay, I don't even know why I came. Sorry to bother you." I gave up immediately, seeing no point of even trying. Before standing up, I had to just ask the question that was at the back of my mind.

"Milton, why don't you have any photos of Jonah?" My question took him off guard, causing him to tense. He took a moment, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Most people put up pictures of people who are dead." His eyes held venom, but his words didn't make any sense.

"But isn't Jonah dead?"

"Skylar? Are you honestly that dumb to believe those rumors that everyone including the police made up? Jesus Christ Skylar!" He spat out.

"But that's what your parents said and even I saw with my own eyes." My voice cracked.

"Do I look like I agree with what my parents say? No. You didn't see anything cause you were in the car with him and he pushed you out before the car blew up in flames when it collided into the incoming car. All you saw was the flames, not what happened within those flames!" He shouted harshly.

"But...but i was driving the car and another car collided with us. I'm sure he was dead by then." I assumed.

"You were in coma for 4 days and I was around for the entire investigation. And you know what? The police only found his remains of bones but with a neighbourhood police like ours, you can't trust them. They didn't even put in effort to confirm the identity of burned remains, doesn't it sound slightly suspicious?" He ran his fingers through his hair.

"So you think Jonah is alive?" I queried.

He chuckled with disbelief.

"I know it."