= Chapter 11 =

" Love is a decision; it is a judgment; it is a promise. "

-Jeremy Lockhart

============
SKYLAR⚓️

I ran.

I ran as fast as could.

The atmosphere in the classroom was suffocating. His words felt so warm and welcoming but I knew it was just a trap.

"Let it come in..."

His words echoed through my mind. He was breaking me, piece by piece. He was uncovering me slowly, how he's able to do that is something I'll never understand.

I have to stay away from him. I just have to. Or else...history will repeat itself.

I was at the brink of tears, my heart pounded rapidly against my ribcage. My legs kept moving and I was losing my breath, but I needed to get far away.

The next thing I knew, I landed flat on the floor and I swear I licked the floor by accident.

Furrowing my eyebrows in annoyance, I turned back to see Dante casually sitting against the locker with his legs stretched out and a smirk plastered on his face.

"I notice how whenever we meet, either of us would fall" he said with a hint of amusement lacing in his voice.

His eyes met mine and widened in shock. In a flash, he crouched closer to me.

"What happen Skylar?"

"You made me fall, you fucknut." I gritted.

Shaking his head in disagreement, he traced his fingers along my cheek gently.

"You're crying..." a soft whisper escaped his lips.

Those kissable lips, I immediately brushed that thought away.

My hands flew to my cheeks, I realized that tears were rolling down my cheeks like rivulets. Clearing my throat, I stood up abruptly. I knew he was going to bombard me with questions.

"You don't have to tell me what happened if you don't feel like but just know that you can always cry on my shoulder..." He intwined our fingers and gave my hand an assuring squeeze. I looked at our hands and back into his eyes which turned into a softer shade of grey —
Gentle yet dangerously beautiful.

Giving him a small smile, I embraced him into a hug. Placing my chin onto his shoulder, my eyes fell upon a familiar figure.

Jeremy stood a distance away from Dante and I, his mouth slightly ajar. Something flashed across his face, but I couldn't quite decipher what it was.
Protectiveness? Possessiveness?  Jealousy?

I was very sure my eyes were fooling me, why would Jeremy be jealous?

His expression immediately changed to a cold stare, his lips in a grim line. He gave one last glare over his shoulder before leaving with clenched fists.

Right at that moment, an announcement through the PA system snapped me out of my reverie. " Skylar Torres please come to the principals office now."

All pairs of eyes fell on me, I could imagine them assuming all sorts of things.

"Has my girl been a bad one lately?" Dante lifted my chin upwards with a playful smile.

Moving closer to him, I wrapped my arms around his torso. Our lips were inches apart, Dante's eyes fell onto my lips almost immediately.