20- Sandwich

There was very little that helped calm the newborn, Scott and Mitch quickly learned after bringing her home. She'd cry for hours at a time no matter how much she was rocked, sang to, burped, or swaddled, nothing the boys did seemed to help.

It had been another exceptionally long day for them. Scott was starting to think he should've taken up his mom's offer to come stay with them for a few days. He and Mitch haven't slept longer than an hour at a time, nor have they had a proper meal in a few days. The only thing guaranteed to be in their system is coffee, lots of it, and it's all really starting to take its toll on everyone in the house.

They'd snapped at each other a few minutes ago over god knows what at this point, everything is blending together or maybe he just blocked it out. Scott knows Mitch is just as on edge as he is, and he's really trying to be patient, but the screaming baby in the baby carrier on his chest, that usually helps soothe her at least a little, is loud and never ending and he just wants a nap.

He kisses her little head of dark hair, starts bouncing a little while walking around their room. Patting her back, he's reached the point of trying to bargain with a newborn.

'Listen princess, you're upset, I'm upset, and dad's upset. I can't have my family all upset at the same time. So how about we try another bottle, get you all full, and then we all take a nap together? Can we do that?'

She responds with more cries and Scott sighs, letting her grab his finger as he continues bouncing her.

'Dad likes that idea too, peanut.' Scott turns around to see Mitch leaning on the door frame, a tired smile on his face and holding a freshly made bottle.

Even through the tiredness, the anger, and helplessness Mitch has felt the past week, he feels nothing but happiness watching Scott with their girl. He's never seen Scott look so in love, which is saying something with the Heart Eyes he sees from Scott. There's also something really hot about a man with a baby in a baby carrier on his chest..

'God I hope this bottle works. I don't know how much more I can take.'

Mitch walks over to Scott and wraps his arms around his waist, head on his chest right above the baby's. 'Sorry for snapping at you, I didn't mean it.' Mitch says, rubbing his thumb gently on her little cheek, wiping away the crocodile tears.

Scott wraps his arms right back around Mitch, kissing the top of his head. 'I'm sorry, too. Everything's gonna be okay.'

The two new father's stayed wrapped together, eventually swaying back and forth. Mitch didn't know if it was because they were so tired they couldn't stand up straight. He heard Scott start to hum and he relaxed more into Scott, obviously being mindful of the baby...who was now quiet he had just noticed.

'I think she likes being in between us,' Mitch whispered. 'Either that or she finally cried herself to sleep.'

'It's a baby girl sandwich,' Scott smiled.