....

Once I dropped Rico back at his house, I waited for him to change his clothes and get whatever he needed for the site he had to checkout later.

I guess he thought I was going to leave after I dropped him off because when he walked back outside he had a shocked look on his face.

He tried to play it off when he noticed I was staring at him , I couldn't help but to laugh as he opened the door and sat down.

"You didn't have to wait for me,I could've.... never mind thank you.

" You're welcome, where is the site that you have to check out I asked before I started driving.

He told me the address and it turned out he's going to mama T's bakery, thank god I didn't have any clients until the afternoon.

When we pulled up to the bakery mama T was putting pastries in the display case, she was so busy getting everything situated that she didn't notice we had entered the bakery.

" Good morning Ma, how are you  I asked before taking a cupcake

" Good morning guys,I'm fine and you she asked as she glanced over at me

"We're fine Rico said before he asked mama T where she wanted him to start working.

She took him to the back first then I saw him out in the front, he was finished a little before it was time for me to go to work,I was going to drop him back at his house but he claimed he wanted to come with me.

That actually turned out to be a good idea because my sessions ended up running a little later than I thought so he picked up Alex for me,by the time  I was  done I was exhausted.

My plan was to go home , take a shower then go  get Alex from Rico's house but what actually ended up happening was after taking a shower and changing my clothes I ended up falling asleep.

I didn't wake back up until  two hours later and my phone was ringing, instead of  answering  I  hurried up and put my shoes on before deciding to see who called me.

It rang twice before I heard Rico say " Do you normally leave your child with strangers?

I rolled my eyes before telling him I'm on my way, I didn't even give him time to respond before I hung up.

It took me  ten minutes to  get  to his house and when I walked to the door I noticed it was slightly open so I went inside.

As I closed the door I heard " It's about time you got here.

'' I'm sorry I took so long , where's Alex ?

" He's sleeping in the living room

" I'm about to go wake him up

" I was supposed to cook for you remember

'' Can we take a rain check

" Why won't you allow me to get to know you better?

" It's not that, I'm tired and it's late

" I feel like you're using that as an excuse, I'm not going to push the issue but that doesn't mean we won't have a conversation about this.

I thought I was being discreet when I rolled my eyes at him but of course he caught  me, I expected a smart remark to come out of his mouth but instead he asked me when was the last time I ate.

I thought about it for awhile and realized the only thing I ate was the cupcake I stole from the bakery earlier.

Before I could even respond he answered for me .

" It was earlier wasn't it?

He didn't even bother to wait for my response before making me follow him into the kitchen , I have a funny feeling he cooked already.

" Alex told me you like Mac and cheese so I made that with some baked chicken and  biscuits he said as he pulled my chair out .

" So you're using my son to bait me I asked as he warmed our food up.

" You barely talk to me so I have to go to the next best thing he said before handing me my plate

" Is that right? , what else did he tell you?

" He told me thank you when I gave him food

"Thank you Rico

"That's more like it rudeness he said before smiling at me

I chose to ignore him and it seemed like the more I did that the more he wanted to spark conversation, I was glad when I finished eating because I was so ready to go back home.

Alex on the other hand wanted to pretend he was in a deep sleep all because he didn't want to leave so I decided to act like I was leaving him and he shot up so quickly.

In that moment I thought about the time I poured water on Trey when he wouldn't wake up, I guess somethings never get old.

The circumstances may have been different but results were similar