thirtytwo

-

"should we meet up with wonwoo hyung?" seungkwan peers down at hansol as he was leaning on his shoulder. hansol looks up and sighs nervously.

"are you sure?"

"we have to ask him what happened sooner or later, he really didn't seem like himself at all." seungkwan sighs and lets his thumb run across hansol's hip as he stares out at the water.

silence lay over the two, but a comfortable silence. they had moved from the cold sand up to the benches with a, still gorgeous, view over the dark sky. the trees swaying in the cool air as the water was slowly and melodically washing up to the sand. the slight scent of fresh water and green grass was enough to paint a million paintings with the sweet essence of colourful flowers as details.

"this is that bench." hansol breathes silently and signals down. seungkwan nods and looks down at their hands which were holding the other's tightly.

this was the same bench they hid behind when they ran, hid and got beaten up. the bench that would forever be engraved into both seungkwan's and hansol's minds. every single tear they shed that night was out of pure fear and worry, fear for the other's life and worry about not being able to be there for each other.

"we shed tears out of love."

seungkwan's taken aback from hansol's blunt comment which was slowly disappearing in the cold air. seungkwan nods slowly as his thoughts float above the thick clouds just to ask the moon for answers.

"i realised something that night." hansol speaks his mind as he shuffles closer to seungkwan. "i realised that i truly love you that night."

seungkwan turns, baffled, at such a confession as his eyes start to water.

"i realised that we may be different in many ways but for some reason, we just fit. we both lack in many things but we just fit as a whole, you and me. that is the first time i've ever felt special to anyone, i've never felt like i was worth something much but after that night, i knew you cared for me. and when i think back to before i met you, i don't know how i could live without someone like you by my side at all times. just imagining my life continuing without you is making my heart ache. you're the person that means the most to me, you are my second half and i love you, only you."

hansol breathes deeply after his speech as seungkwan sits there, holding hansol close to his body, totally frozen. not being able to move even an inch without feeling like he would break the beautiful words if he, even so, breathed too loud.

"was that too much?" hansol breathes out without looking at seungkwan. seungkwan swallow quietly and carefully moves his arm and let his fingers rest on hansol's chin for a moment before turning his face to him.

"that was... i honestly don't know what to say back, that was so beautiful." seungkwan speaks aimlessly as he slides his arm under hansol's legs to move him up to his lap.

"remember the last time we sat like this?" seungkwan grins slightly and pulls hansol's closer. "now it's my time to keep you safe."

hansol feel his heartbeat speed up at seungkwan's words as he sits there in silence, staring at him in complete awe.

"hansol, i don't know now, nor will i do in the future, but what wonderful thing did i do in my past lives to deserve such a beautiful person like you in my life?"

hansol feel his eyes water as he looks up at the boy of his dreams, that he for so long had wanted to be his, now he was laying in his arms and listening to a true and sincere love confession.