CHAPTER 43

TWO MONTHS LATER...

'Kiss me darling,' Tessa urged, pulling Brad closer to her. Brad dragged his lips to hers. His palm closed over her breast.

'Tessa___ ! Oh good Lord!'

Tessa pulled away. 'Darling! What is it? What's wrong!'  Brad! Talk to me.'

'You're pregnant,' his head dropped onto her chest.

'What!' Tessa was elated. She jumped up. Brad was knocked off. The duvet went flying off.
'I am? H ___ how do you know?' Tessa looked at Brad. He was not angry. He was calm and he seemed to be deep in thought.

'Brad?' She whispered.

He was far away, thinking about the day Tessa gave birth to Daniel, the day he almost lost his wife. The day she made him promise, if she were to die, he must remarry for their children's sake. Brad turned now to look at Tessa.

'I'm ___ pregnant?'
She wanted to believe it. She wanted it to be true. She had not stopped taking her contraceptive pills, because Brad had instructed her to keep taking it.

'Yes.'
Brad leaned over Tessa. His hand closed over her breast again, measuring it. It had definitely increased in size. Like it did the last two times she was pregnant.
'You're pregnant,' his eyes met hers. His fingers dropped lower over her flat tummy.

'I'm going to keep this baby right?' Her palms cupped his face appealingly.  'I mean, I did not disobey you. I'm still on the pill. I didn't know I'm pregnant.'

His fingers feathered her cheek. He smiled. His head lowered, his lips brushed hers, ever so tenderly. 'We're keeping our baby,' he promised huskily.

'Oh Brad, thank you,' tears filled her eyes. 'I love you so much. I can't believe it,' she sniffed. 'Why didn't I know I'm pregnant? I had absolutely no clue whatsoever.' Tessa brushed the tears away. 'I still had a cycle last month, ... or was it the month before that?' She was thoughtful.

Brad laughed. Very gently, he hauled his wife onto his chest. 'Clearly you are the most fertile woman on this planet.'

'You're happy darling?' Tessa asked, looking down into the depths of Brad's eyes.

'I'm happy for you my love, because it's what you wanted. My only fear is your safety. I will only stop fearing, after you deliver this baby and look into my eyes again,' Brad's voice was hoarse; his eyes glassy.

'I'll take care.  I promise.' Tessa cupped Brad's face. 'I'll do everything you want, even if you want me to stop working,' she vowed, kissing his lips.

'Let's hear what Dr. Leighton has to say tomorrow morning,' Brad pushed the strands of hair away from Tessa's face.

'Tell me you love me,' Tessa whispered.

'I love you darling,' Brad held her in a vice grip. You are the only woman I want,' he claimed passionately. 'You do not understand what you ask when you demand I take another wife ___ in your place. You are the beginning and the end of me Tessa.' Tears streamed down Brad's face. Tessa swallowed, she lifted her thumb and tenderly brushed the tears away.

'I can only pray, we'll be together, forever,' she whispered emotionally.

'That's my daily prayer,Brad murmured, 'that I am here for you and our children, for always.'

Tessa wrapped her arms around Brad's neck. She laid her cheek on his chest and held him tightly. 'We were making love,' she smiled.

'I just want to hold you,' Brad spoke throatily, 'but if you want to___' He did not complete his sentence.