CHAPTER 23

‘Is my wife okay?”

‘Yes Mr. Blakely,’ the head of the security detail assigned to protect Tessa answered.

‘They’re all okay?’ Brad prodded.

‘Yes sir,’ Brad could hear the man’s smile.  ‘There’s six of them and they are having a great time.’

Brad had instructed the security to book a table inside the restaurant, not that he did not trust his wife.  They could better protect her inside the restaurant.  Off course he knew his wife was faithful to him, but just incase somebody decided to get fresh with his wife, she would have protection.

‘I might add sir,’ the security laughed cheerfully. ‘Mrs. Blakely is certainly the livewire in the party.’

He knew that.  His wife was always the centre of attention wherever they went.

‘They are getting a lot of attention Mr. Blakely,’ the security interrupted Brad’s thoughts, but Mrs. Blakely’s attention is focused on her friends.'

‘That’s what you are there for,’ Brad instructed.  ‘Keep the attention away.’

‘There are two single ladies amongst the six sir and they seem to be sussing out the attention.’

‘Just make sure my wife stays protected.  Good night,’ Brad ended the call.

It was eleven P.M.  He had put Lyndon to bed three hours ago.  The blighter even got an extra hour, playing on daddy’s laptop.  Brad fearing Tessa would know of the deviation in her son’s bedtime routine, managed to coax their son to bed by eight.  He had a lot to wrap up before they departed to the regional branches in two days time.  Brad used the time to set things in motion.

      ‘You don’t need to get out Bentley,’ Keri informed him as the limo stopped outside her apartment.

‘Mr. Blakely instructed me to see you home,’ he got out and assisted her out.

‘I am home safe,’ she laughed.  She watched the limo depart, subsequent to Bentley softly conversing with the driver.

‘What are you doing?  How are you going to get home?’

‘I need a cup of coffee otherwise I’m going to have a hangover in the morning.’

‘You only had two glasses of sherry!  Besides I don’t have coffee.’

She did have coffee, unless she had already finished the three months supply amongst the other non perishable items he had stocked in her cupboards as per Mrs. Blakely’s instructions.

‘We’ll have some delivered,’ he smiled taking the keys from her and opening her front door.

‘Have coffee delivered? Are you mad?  It would be cold by the time it arrives,’ Keri dumped her handbag on the kitchen counter and glared at Bentley.

‘Okay, I’ll settle for brandy then,’ he made himself comfortable on her couch and flicked  through  the channels with the TV remote.

‘I’ll make the coffee,’ she grit her teeth.  Her eyes were a dark grey like storm clouds.

‘No sugar and ...’

‘I know how you take your coffee,’ she cut him off.

‘Are we watching comedy or horror?’ he asked innocently.

‘How are you getting home?’ she ignored his question.  He admired the way she flipped her shiny sandy brown hair away from her face.

‘You have two bedrooms,’ Bentley stood up and walked towards Keri.