CHAPTER 10

Nas: Dedicated to you - because you nag so much 😀

'I---what are you doing here?' she demanded.

'I work here, Ms. Packer,' he replied rather patiently, but his dark eyes were smiling and full of mischief. Keri silently cringed, she should have guessed from his suave persona and that air of authority he seemed to discharge.
What does he do here?

'Yes off course,' Keri felt herself colouring. 'I mean ---that is why you picked me up from the airport. Why didn't you tell me you were not the chauffeur,' she asked feeling embarrassed.

'I didn't want to risk losing my tip,' he grinned.

Keri covered her face with her hands, 'oh I am so embarrassed.'

She's so pretty, if only she could smile just once.
Bentley admired the casual paisley print sundress, nice curves. She was too close to his desk he could not see her legs. Bentley laughed. She observed he sounded good when he laughed.

'You didn't show me how to use the air conditioner,' she accused. 'I was freezing my---. I was freezing to death,' she amended.

No doubt it is a cute butt too.

'You seemed in a hurry to dismiss me, Ms. Packer.'

'My name is Keri.'

'Pleased to meet you Keri,' he grinned, extending his hand. 'My name is Bentley.'

'Bentley---?' Tessa walked out of her office to see Bentley and Keri exchanging a greeting as if meeting for the first time. The smile disappeared off Bentley's face. He straightened his shoulders.

'Er---Ms. Keri Packer. Your nine o' clock appointment, Mrs. Blakely,' Bentley announced.
Never mind that it was now twenty past nine. Tessa studied the charged exchange between Bentley and Keri. She caught the look in Bentley's eyes before he became all "businesslike." Didn't she know only too well how to read those looks? Wasn't she a player of note in her heydays?

Wow Bentley is into Keri. That didn't take long! Now isn't this interesting?

'Hey Keri,' Tessa smiled, waving her hand, inviting Keri into her office. As if in a trance, Keri slowly made her way into Tessa's office. When Tessa closed her door, Keri leaned against it and covered her face with her palms again.

'Keri, you okay?' Tessa placed a concerned hand on her shoulder.

'I tipped him ten pounds,' she mumbled from behind her hands.

'What?' Tessa laughed.

'That guy---Bentley,' Keri pointed towards the closed door. 'He picked me up at the airport the day I arrived. I tipped him ten pounds, thinking he was a chauffeur,' she exclaimed totally embarrassed.

'I see,' Tessa grinned, leaning against the front of her desk.

'Just what the hell does he do here?' Keri whispered.

'I think you better sit down before I tell you,' Tessa laughed. In the same trance like manner Keri sat down in front of Tessa.
'Bentley is Brad's private secretary,' Tessa laughed softly.

'What!'

'Every regional head of the Global Reporter worldwide indirectly reports to Bentley. I, myself report to him.'
Tessa laughed. Technically she was not an employee, she only had to answer to the chairman who was her husband, but Tessa acknowledged and respected the office Bentley occupied.

'I can't believe that,' Keri finally laughed. 'You didn't do much reporting to Seth back home at Kern and Byron.'
In her defence Tessa was not insubordinate. She stood up for what she believed and aggressively defended her position.