CHAPTER 27

'Darling wake up, we're almost home.' Tessa patted Brad's knee.

She smiled to herself as she watched Brad lounging on the recliner. His head against the back rest, eyes shut. She wanted him to rest, he hardly ever rested in the day, but then, she wanted Brad to share her enthusiasm. They were about to land at JFK.

'Home?' he smiled lazily. 'I thought Surrey was our home.'

Tessa lifted her eyes to Brad's teasing ones. 'Okay then, my home before I married you.'

'We could live here in New York, if it's your wish,' Brad's palm closed over her hand on his knee. He would do anything for his wife. If his money could buy it, it would be his pleasure to shower his wife with whatever her heart desired.

'No, never!' She responded immediately.
She loved their home in Surrey. She could not wait for Lyndon to start horse riding lessons and was looking forward to introducing their new baby to their Surrey home's tranquil and picturesque garden. Instinctively her hand reached her tummy.

'Everything okay darling?' Brad's voice was filled with concern.

'Yes,' she smiled reassuringly. 'No problems at all. I love our home in Surrey,' she laced her fingers through Brad's. 'That's where I want our children to grow up.'

Brad's eyes filled with pride. 'I will make it the best home possible,' his tone was husky.

'Want to know a secret,' she whispered, her palm cupping his face.

'Yes.'

'I think you're going to have a daughter.'

'Really? How do you know?' Brad was ecstatic. He would want nothing more than that, considering they have a boy.

'I don't,' Tessa smiled. 'Just a feeling,' she shrugged her shoulders.

'We will love our baby no matter,' Brad promised.

'Yes.' Tessa whispered in agreement. She leaned towards Brad and exchanged a gentle yet passionate kiss with him.

Neither heard the warning light sensor alerting them to buckle up. Tessa pulled Brad closer, her fingers caressing the nape of his neck.

'Er---excuse me. Mr. Blakely; Mrs. Blakely, please buckle up.'

'Lyndon!' Brad murmured hurriedly and stood up. 'I'll check on him.'

Still smarting from their passionate embrace, Tessa needed a few moments to regroup. She managed a nod before Brad dashed off.

'Hey son, you want to sit with mummy and me?

'Yes my daddy,' Lyndon's eyes brightened. He reached his hands out expectantly.

'You better hurry Mr. Blakely,' Stacy urged. 'You don't have much time.'

'Thank you Stacy,' he acknowledged her helping Lyndon out of his seatbelt.

'There you go tiger,' Brad buckled Lyndon in, next to Tessa.

'Hi momma,' Lyndon offered Tessa a bright smile, clasping his hand into hers.

'Hi my baby,' Tessa kissed his chubby cheek. She patted his curly hair lovingly.

'I'm going to see my grandpa momma.'

'I know' Tessa smiled. She suspected her son was going to forget all about his mummy and daddy, when his grandpa was around.

'I want to buy grandpa a present momma. Will you give me some money please?'

'Sure,' a wicked smile splashed across her face. She reached into Brad's pocket, removed his credit card from his wallet and gave it to Lyndon.'