Magnus held the cut of fabric in both hands and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. A kind of shimmering emitted from his hands, displacing the air around them. The warlock gasped, and his eyes shot open. "Well," He started, "There's good news and bad news." We all looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to continue. "Uh, the good news is I know the owner. The bad... it's Camille."

"Camille as in, kidnapped Simon and turned him into a vampire Camille?" I clarified.

Magnus nodded regretfully. "Looks like Raphael has her locked up in the basement of the Hotel DuMort."

"Well, after I punched her, there's no way she'll help me," Clary sighed. I smirked, remembering that night.

Jace shook his head, "She won't have a choice. Trust me." He walked away, but Clary ran after him and the pair disappeared up the stairs. Isabelle looked between Alec and I before whispering to Magnus, and pulling him away.

Alec let out a sigh of relief, "I'm so glad we got away from that crowd and all those people. So intense."

I couldn't contain my smile, "I have to hand it to you, Alec - you certainly know how to make a statement." He grinned at me.

Of course, our moment of peace was interrupted by the sound of quick footsteps approaching. I looked round Alec while he looked over his shoulder, and we saw his less than impressed mother and father ascending the steps towards us.

I awkwardly turned away wandered a few steps in the opposite direction to put some space between the imminent explosion and myself.

"What have you done, Alec?" Maryse's voice wasn't raised, she wasn't shouting - but I wished she were. Instead her tone was quiet and cold, making it all the more terrifying. "To us, this family?"

Alec cut her off, "This isn't about you."

"Of course it is," Maryse snapped, "You are either being selfish or naive. This wedding was your plan from the start, and now you have humiliated us in front of the most respected members of the Clave." She looked up at Alec for a few moments, "I don't even recognise you anymore." She glanced at me, past Alec and sneered, "And all for the daughter of Valentine."

The words stung a little as they reminded me of Alec's hatred towards me for the same reason. She stormed off and Robert stepped up, "Just give her time," He offered.

Alec looked down at his father with a hard stare, "And you?"

Robert just shrugged, but I could have sworn I saw him wink at me. He placed a hand on Alec's arm, with a nod of acceptance and said, "I better go check on Mom."

I watched him go, liking the man much more than I did ten minutes ago when I thought he was going to disown his son. "You know what I just realised?" I looked up at Alec, "We still haven't gone on our first date yet."

Alec laughed, "Yeah, you're right," He turned to face me, taking my waist and pulling me closer to him, "Samara, would you like to get a drink sometime?"

I grinned up at him, "I would love that."

He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine, smiling into the kiss. "I should go and find my mother," He mumbled against my lips. I nodded, and he placed a kiss on my forehead before heading in the direction that his mother and father had gone.

I started to head back to my bedroom to change out of the uncomfortable dress Isabelle had lent me. I received a few looks as I made my way, and I wasn't entirely sure if they were good or bad, so I kept my head held high and carried on through.

I passed the head study and noticed that the door was ajar. I frowned - it seemed odd. I'd only ever seen it shut tight or wide open - it looked like somebody had left in a hurry. I pushed open the door cautiously and gasped.

"Lydia!" I rushed over and dropped to my knees beside Lydia's motionless body. She was breathing but unconscious, lying amongst fragments of the now broken table. I didn't know whether to get help or to stay by her side.

I sprinted to the doorway and looked both ways, "Is anybody there?" I yelled, "We need help!"

Nobody came and I looked back and forth between Lydia's body and the hallway, not sure what to do. I ended up running full speed down the corridor, back the way I came. I burst out into the op center and spotted Alec with his mother and father.

Not caring who heard, I shouted across the room, "Alec! Maryse! Anybody! You need to- It's Lydia- Lydia's hurt! Hurry!" I doubled back towards the study and heard them following me. We piled in and Alec and I both went to Lydia's sides.

"You did this," Maryse accused, pointing a finger at me.

"What the fu-"

"Hey!" Alec shouted at his mother, cutting off my curse. "She had nothing to do with this!" He seethed.

"How would you know? You were with us," Maryse countered.

"All right that's enough!" I yelled over both of them, "That's not important right now!" I waved my hands violently at Lydia's body. Maryse still watched me with an accusatory glare but I rolled my eyes at her and turned to Alec.

"Alec, I don't have my stele, find her Iratze!" I instructed. Alec pulled up both of Lydia's sleeves before he located the healing rune on her forearm and traced it. It glowed like embers, and for a few seconds, nothing happened. I was afraid it hadn't worked, but her eyelids fluttered open and my shoulders sagged with relief.

Lydia looked disorientated. She blinked before letting out a single strained word, "Hodge."

-

Sorry that this one is just a short filler chapter and not very interesting - I promised backwardsbatman an update by today... so here chick, this one's for you 💖

NOS x