Four

(Alexandra Tucker, May 12th)

"Alright, it should be ready in about ten minutes," I say, mentally running over their orders once more before ducking under the counter and yelling out the order to Mark. Just in case he forgets, I scribble it down on the back of a receipt and place that on the counter.

When I don't see anyone else sitting in my section, I take a seat behind the counter and rest my head on my hands while stifling a yawn. I got the later shift at the restaurant today, making me even more exhausted than usual. Thankfully Liam volunteered to work this shift with me, so I at least have him.

Speaking of Liam, I feel my hair get ruffled and look up to see the brown-eyed boy smiling at me. I return the gesture as he takes a seat beside me.

"Tired, huh?" he muses, stating the obvious. I nod and yawn again as if my body is trying to prove a point. Liam chuckles and pats my back before heading back out to serve a family that just sat in his section.

"Order up!" Mark bellows from the kitchen and I see three steaming plates of food that match the orders of my last customers. Groaning, I stand and balance the plates on my arms before walking over and delivering the food with my best fake smile and cheery voice.

I have just sat back down when the bell tinkles, letting us know a new customer has arrived. I look up to see the one thing that could possibly make my night worse. None other than Harry Styles has just walked through the door along with another guy, and just as I am begging for them not to sit in my section, they do. Of course, just my luck. Thankfully Harry didn't see me, so I turn my back to their table and try not to be noticed.

"Liam!" I whisper, relieved when he walks around the corner. He gives me a questioning look as I pull him down by his shoulders so we are crouching behind the counter.

"What's going on?" he questions all too loudly, and I shush him by placing a hand over his mouth, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Can you please cover one table in my section," I plead, glancing over in the direction of where Harry is sitting. Liam straightens up for a few seconds and then crouches back down again with an apologetic look on his face that lets me know I am doomed.

"I'm swamped, every single table in my section is filled," he says truthfully.

"Sorry," is the last thing he says before he stands up and returns to his work. I groan, knowing I should do the same. After taking a moment to mentally prepare myself, I adjust my tank top and slowly walk over to the booth where Harry and his friend are chatting amongst themselves. They don't stop talking when I stand in front of them, they don't even look up, so I clear my throat.

This causes both boys to turn their heads in my direction. Harry wears a look of pure shock on his face while the other boy smiles, his brown eyes framed by thick, dark lashes. Harry's friend is very handsome, with some stubble on his jaw that matches the dark color of his hair which is slightly shaven away on the sides. I notice that this boy has just as many, if not more tattoos than Harry does and he has three piercings in his right ear. His smile is warm, though, despite his harsh appearance.

"So, Little Miss Perfect actually works for her money," Harry remarks, seemingly recovered from the shock of seeing me here. I shoot him a venomous glare and turn to his friend who seems to be significantly more courteous, although that isn't saying much.

"What would you like?" I ask the dark-haired boy, ignoring Harry's snide comment.

"Uh, can I have a slice of pepperoni pizza and a Coke please?" the boy asks politely in a British accent that comes as a shock to me. I have never known a British person in California, and now I suddenly know two? Everything is changing around here.