BONBONS TO YOGA PANTS

Author: KatieCross4

Part: 56

Genre: ChickLit

Emotional Trauma: none

Maturity level: pg 13

Synopsis:

Lexie Greene has always had such a pretty face. Unfortunately, that's where it seemed to stop. She's grown up hearing her Mother constantly remind her that she needs to lose weight. And twenty-two-year-old Lexie knows she's overweight. With her younger sister's wedding on the horizon and a crush to stalk on Facebook, Lexie's had enough. She gives up her constant daydreams about food and joins a dieting group. As the pounds melt away at the gym, she finds that life on the other side of junk food isn't what she thought. Bon Bons to Yoga Pants is an inspirational hit about a girl coming to terms with herself, and her past, all while navigating a world of food and fitness.

My review:

I loved the book. At first, I wasn't sure about it thinking that it'll mostly be tips on how to lose weight and there won't be much of a story though the title certainly drew me in, but I didn't expect to get such a good find. To be able to incorporate a story where a dose of reality, of acceptance, of failure and determination are so well put together and I think all of us could relate to Lexie at some point. Not only with the matter of food and dieting, but also in terms of life, self confidence, the desire to be free of judgement, the way each of us react to stress and more importantly, dreaming of becoming beautiful. I applaud the author who had the ability to ease out the problems we are afraid to face (mostly, alone) and I think all us readers felt bonded for at least one second throughout the book. We understood each other. THAT is the work of a true author. Well done!

Wattpader's reviews:

acidlove_It's nice to know that authors can write in different genres and it's not weird

Eternal_Vagabond

I've read another one of your books, and loved it! I've really fallen in love with your works, and writing stile and look forward to reading more!

-

i wasnt so sure about this story when i first saw it but i read the first part. AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT