Greetings

The first thing you'll need in a French conversation is a greeting.
To say hello, you can say bonjour (bun-jurr *soft j sound*) meaning "hello" or one could use salut (sal-oo) meaning "hi".
When talking to someone you may either refer to them as "tu/ toi" or "vous".
Use "tu" when speaking to someone a lot younger than you, a family member, a friend, but only when there is one other person.
Use "vous" in formal situations, when talking to a group of people, someone a lot older than you (use "tu" here if it is someone you know well), or someone you do not know well.
Tu is pronounced like the English word "to" and vous is pronounced like "voo".
To ask someone's name, say:
Comment tu t'appelles? (Com-on to ta-pel) [oral]
Comment t'appelles-tu? (Com-on ta-pel to) [written]
OR
Comment vous appelez-vous? (Com-on vooz app-el-ay voo)
If there is a vowel after an s or a t, pronounce the letter, otherwise, it will be silent.
Instead of repeatedly asking "what is your name?" you can say:
Et toi? (Ay twa) And you?
Or
Et vous? (Ay voo) And you?
The answer to this question is "Je m'appelle" (Je ma-pel)
When referring to people, say:
Monsieur (mis-yer)- Mister/ Sir
Madame- Missus (Ma-dam)
Mademoiselle- Miss (Mad-am-mwiz-el)
If you are speaking to an older French woman, refer to them as "madame" but if they are younger, say "Mademoiselle".
The French people call their parents "Maman" (meaning Mum/ Mama/ Mom, etc.) It is pronounced like "Mam-on"
For talking to a father, say "Papa" (Dad/ Daddy/ etc.) It is pronounced like it would be said in English.
Finally, when taking to a grandparent, one might say, "Mamie" (Mam-ee) meaning "grandma" or "Granny" whole a grandad is "Papi" (it can also be spelled Papy, depending on where you are in France). Say it like "Pap-ee".

Note that it may be beneficial to use YouTube for many of these pronunciations as they, take 'tu' for example, have phonics that are rather sophisticated to explain in English and in words.