13| Three Cheers For Evil

Eli

The one thing I noticed as I stood out on the field with the rest of the cheerleaders, was that I looked very...evil.

My ripped green shirt and black shorts were very different from their bright yellow (it hurt my eyes to look at) tops, and their royal blue bottoms.

I glanced over to the bleachers where my friends sat. Mal was drawing in her sketchbook, Evie was looking into her mirror, and Jay and Carlos were having some sort of thumb war.

My eyes did a double tale when I recognized Ben was sitting on the second bleacher. He noticed me looking over at him and sent a wave along with an almost blinding smile. I didn't wave back, instead snapping my head forward. Ten minutes in and I already regretted this idea.

"Okay, guys!" Gwen's voice called out from where she stood in front of us all as Audrey's Assistant-Captain, "Today we're just gonna do a couple drills and work on the routine for the big game on Thursday. Let's get stretching!"

I folded my arms over my head, before leaning over to the left and then the right. On the Isle, stretching wasn't really an option when you were running from an angry vender you had stolen something from.

"Okay." Audrey's all-too-familiar voice boomed out, causing me to roll my eyes, "Onto the cheers. Cheering is the most important part of being a cheerleader here at Auradon, you have to have prep, energy, enthusiasm..." How long was this gonna take?

I regained focus just as Audrey began doing a cheer by raising her right arm in the air, her left arm, bending at the knees, and then jumping up, letting out a dumb giggle.

That was it? Really? That was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I glanced around at all the other cheerleaders on the field, I knew for a fact they could do better than Audrey's lame excuse for a cheer.

As Audrey began going into extremely vivd detail on how to do the four-step cheer I was at the end of my broom.

"Hey." I called out, causing everyone's head to snap over to me, "Don't you think this is a little...lame?"

Audrey scoffed, her hands on her hips, "Excuse me, Ms. Wicked, but we have used this cheer every single game since Auradon opened-"

My jaw dropped, "You've been using this cheer for years?" Some of the team members nodded and I mentally face-palmed, "Well no wonder the Tourney team hasn't been winning, you guys suck!"

I ignored all the gasps and scoffs, "Look, you guys are cheerleaders. Aren't you supposed to get everyone excited and riled up?" Through the corner of my eye I saw Gwen nodding, a small smile on her face.

I looked around at the team, "Well, how can you do that if it's just the same boring moves over and over?" A few of the guys nodded, "Why don't we just get some new cheers?"

"And you think you can come up with better ones?" Audrey asked, her face practically fuming.

I nodded at her, "Well, obviously."

"Maybe, Eli's right!" Gwen piped in, looking around at the others, "We might as well give it a shot."

Audrey huffed, stomping her sneaker onto the grass, "She isn't even on the team!" She exclaimed, pointing a manicured finger at me.

My roommate shrugged, her blonde ponytail bouncing, "Well, how about a trial? We'll see how Eli's cheers works at Saturday's game?"

Many of the cheer members nodded, before looking over at me.

I scanned them over, before cracking my knuckles, "First off, you guys need serious new threads."