09| The Road To Auradon Is Paved With Good Intentions

Eli

"Someone hands you a crying baby do you, A, Curse it? B, Lock it in a tower? C, Give it a bottle? D, Carve out it's heart?" I watched, unamused as the Fairy Godmother stood in front of a chalkboard, giving us scenarios on how to be, Good.

A quick glance around the room showed that none of us were really paying attention. Jay and Carlos seemed to be arm-wrestling (Jay, of course winning), and Mal was sketching furiously in her book.

I looked down and began fiddling with the bracelet mom had given me while Evie excitedly raised her hand from my right.

"What was the second one?" Evie guessed as the Headmistress called on her to answer.

I whistled lowly as The Fairy Godmother shook her head before looking over at the boys, "Jay?"

"D, Carve out it's heart." Jay called as I glanced over at the boys across the room, "But not without gloves!" I snickered lightly along with Carlos and Evie.

The Fairy Godmother cleared her throat, shaking her head once again, "Eli?"

I glanced up at the woman as she addressed me and shrugged, giving her the lame answer, "C, Give it a bottle."

The Headmistress smiled brightly at me, which I lightly returned, "Correct, again."

"Wow." Carlos whistled to me as The Fairy Godmother turned back to the board, "You are flying through these, girl!"

I shrugged over at him, casting him a smirk, "Just pick the boring one." I advised the others, a look of disbelief crossing their faces.

"Oh."

"That makes so much sense."

"Why didn't I think of that?"

I chuckled lightly, leaning back in my seat just as a girl dressed in a light blue with short hair scurried into the room.

She yelped as she ran past us towards the Fairy Godmother, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

I glanced over to my left to see Mal's pencil had stopped moving, her eyes now focused on the girl next to the Headmistress.

The girl glanced back at us nervously as she pushed a clipboard into the Fairy Godmother's hands, "Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation."

I scrunched my nose up slightly at the word, coronation. Who was getting coronated?

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" The Fairy Godmother hummed as she wrote something down on the clipboard.

I nodded slightly at Jane, causing the girl to squeak.

"Mom!" She called to the woman, "No!"

Jay and Carlos glanced at each other, an amused look on their faces.

The Fairy Godmother handed her daughter back her clipboard, placing a hand on her shoulder, "It's okay. Jane," She gestured out at us, "this is everyone."

"Hi." The girl said shakily as her mom pushed her towards us, "That's okay, don't mind me. As you were."

She then let out another squeal as she ran past us towards the door. I watched her go until she was out of sight, an idea forming in my mind.

I turned to Mal as The Fairy Godmother asked another question.

"You think Jane knows anything about the wand?" I asked my best friend.

Mal nodded, a mischievous look in her eye, "Yep, and I have a plan."