fallin' harder

Okay, Lauren, chill.

Seriously. Just, like, relax.

There's no reason to freak out. None. None at all. Zero. Zero reasons to freak out. No need to lose your cool. Really, absolutely. It's fine.

Except it's not.

It should be, but Lauren thinks– right now, Lauren thinks it's not fine. Nope.

But–

This– this is easy. It's supposed to be easy. The movies– in movies, it's always so easy. A simple task. It's one tiny question. One question. Lauren has to ask Camila one tiny, tiny question. And, really, it's not like Camila's going to say no.

...or is she?

Is– is Camila, like, ready? Like, Lauren is. Lauren definitely is, but– but is Camila ready as well? Until, like, two minutes ago, Lauren– Lauren was pretty sure Camila wants this, too. This, as in, an actual relationship. But now– now, she's kind of starting to doubt everything and– oh, God. Lauren breathes in. And then out. A few times. Hopes it'll calm her down.

(It doesn't.)

Okay, so, maybe this isn't too easy. But it's not too hard, either.

...right?

Right.

It shouldn't be hard. It really shouldn't be. Because– because she does know Camila likes her, and that's good. Right? Yeah. And, wow, she really likes Camila, too, so– so she guesses– guesses that it's time. Time to, like, make this official. Like, officially official. They've been kind of official, anyway, but– but she hasn't actually asked yet, so– yeah. She hopes that Camila is going to like the idea of making it official and that she's not going to, well, reject her instead.

They've already dated for a few weeks, so, like–

It's okay. Lauren tells herself it's okay, it's going to be okay, Camila is going to say yes, and it's going to be completely okay. They're going to be girlfriends, and, well, nothing will really change between them, right? They're going to keep going out and everything. The only difference is going to be that they're, well, girlfriends.

If Camila says yes.

Lauren hopes she does.

And, honestly? Lauren's already standing in front of Camila's door, so, um. She can't go back now, can she? No, that'd make her a coward and, like, no. She's not going back now. She's here. She– she has been here for, like, five minutes now (it might have been way longer, Lauren doesn't know, she hasn't checked her phone because, well, she's been busy trying to get herself ready for this, as in, she's been trying not to freak out, at least not completely) and– and it's probably time for her to knock. Yeah.

So she does.

Okay, she wants to. Really, she does. She raises her hand to knock, but she pulls back before actually, well, knocking. She bites her lip, closes her eyes, and tries to calm herself again. Breathes in, and out, and in, and out. Yeah. That's a good start.

Except it doesn't help.

At all.

She's still just as nervous and not ready as before, and she still doesn't exactly know if she really should ask Camila.

But she's here. And, what does she have to lose, right?

(Easy to answer that. Camila. And Camila is kind of on the way to become her everything, so she's got everything to lose. So. Not really all that cool.)