The Sea Of Lost Souls

Start from the beginning

"Elijah. You shouldn't be here." Hayley told him.

"We have another plan. Rebekah and Davina found a way. If we can replicate Eden's magic, we can lure Dahlia into a trap. After which, I'll kill her myself. All we need is a vile of Eden's blood." Elijah turned to look at me.

I held my baby girl close.

"I'll give you her blood. Just know that for now you have my trust. Please, don't jeopardize that." I tell him. "You have my word." Elijah stated. "After knowing you for all these years, I don't think that means much anymore. You have to promise me Eden's and our family's safe lives that this works." I tell him. 

"The moment our home is safe, you can return Eden to where she belongs. With family."

"Thank you."

_______

Night fell and Jackson played with Eden in her crib. 

Hayley came into the house. "The packs gathered for the funeral. They're just waiting on two more." Hayley stated. Jackson nodded and stood, leaving to cottage. I stayed in my seat and looked out the window.

"How about you?" Hayley asked.

"I don't think I can. It's different for the two of you. You two are wolves, part of this pack. I'm a vampire with a hint of magic or whatever. Plus, it doesn't help that everyone thinks Klaus killed Aiden." I sigh.

"They don't blame you for Klaus killing Aiden-" She began.

"They do, Hayley. They know that no matter how much I love Klaus I will always be a vital part in the Mikaelson family. Even if Klaus didn't kill Aiden." I tell her. 

"What do you mean Klaus didn't kill Aiden?"

"Marcel told me that they think either Dahlia or Freya killed him to turn everyone against Klaus. And Klaus being the jackass he is took the blame because he'd rather have everyone hate him then want his help." I confessed to her.

"Tell them that! They're thinking Klaus killed him but he really didn't because Klaus wants to prove something!" Hayley urged me. 

"But what if that's the point Hayley? The wolves are never going to trust us. Why try now? The feud has been going on since Marcel was king, and it won't stop just because a vampire and Klaus's lover asked them to. That's not how it works." I tell her.

"What if I asked you to go for me? As my friend?" Hayley asked.

I sniffed and ran a hand through my hair. "You're not going to let me say no, are you?" I ask her.

Hayley smiled.

I stood behind Hayley and Jackson when Josh came, blocked by wolves. "Let him through." Jackson ordered. I grabbed Josh's shoulder and gave him a sympathetic look. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry, Josh." 

"It's fine."

I knew it wasn't, but I also knew somewhere inside him he blamed me. I was the reason his boyfriend is dead. He was trying to find a way that I somehow fit into it, but was willing to let go of his anger just this once. I was actually surprised he wanted to hug me. 

Josh let go and Jackson led him down to Aiden's body, uncovering his face so he could see him one last time. Josh reluctantly allowed a smile to grace his lips, everyone knew all he wanted to do was cry and scream.

He swept Aiden's hair from his bloody and matted forehead before placing a kiss in between his eyes. His mouth opened, wanting to say a million things, but he closed it, standing and looking down.

"I never thought much about the whole immortality part of being a vampire. Suddenly, forever feels like a really long time." Josh confessed before walking towards Hayley, Jackson, and I. He gave Hayley a tight hug.

Jackson covered Aiden's face and ushered Josh to help him. They both pushed the small boat into the water, watching for the last time they'd both see him. Jackson clicked on his lighter and threw it into Aiden's boat.

It caught the flame, and everyone watched as it burned. 

Hayley stepped forward into Jackson's arms, Aiden's little brother stood next to Josh, which Josh put his arm around. 

This is when I truly felt alone.

And I wasn't sure if I was happy with that.

________

"Klaus, I calling to say goodbye. Eden and I can't be apart of this family anymore. I know how angry you're going to to be, but I know this is for the better. All Eden's life, her family has tried to destroy her. 

Both of us know that we want better for her, even if that means the Mikaelson's are out of the picture. I don't know when this will find you, a week, a year, or even a century, but there's one thing that will always remain the same; I love you. And no matter how many ions we remain apart, that will never change. 

Klaus, I love you, goodbye."

________

I'm sorry for how long this took.

Questions?

When will Klaus and Harper see each other again?

Will Klaus be angry at Harper's message?

Vote 

Comment

Share